Thread: Failed to upgrade firmware on WL-500g Deluxe

Question Failed to upgrade firmware on WL-500g Deluxe

I've tried the tricks mentioned in the posts here. I'm trying to upgrade to the 1.9.5.0 beta.

1. Tried the normal way using the web interface. Disabled wireless on my laptop. Only one cable into the router. Only get "Upgrade fail".
    2. Tried to turn off router, reset button until power led blinks. Tried the "Device discovery" tool, but this does not discover any devices.
    3. Tried to ping 192.168.1.220 - no answer
    4. Tried the Firmware recovery tool. No luck.

Is it me or is the upgrade process so darned difficult? I've read the post on upgrading also.

Any help really appreciated!

Regards,
    Ola

Don't forget to temporarily stop the personal firewall on your laptop. Also reset router to defaults before update.

Firewall was not running, and router reset to factory defaults. To no avail, unfortunately...

Get you router into recovery mode.

1 push long enough on the reset button until the wan of the lan is is blinking then use the recovery tool with asus clear nvram.trx to clean the device.

Next do the same but with an real trx file. Now your router will work again.

The WAN led never starts blinking. And all documentation states that it's the Power led that should blink - which it does! However, I cannot find it with the Device Discovery tool nor the Restoration Utility...

be sure to use a static IP at your pc, and it should be ip 192.168.1.1 not 192.168.1.220 (??)

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Quote Originally Posted by olas
    The WAN led never starts blinking. And all documentation states that it's the Power led that should blink - which it does! However, I cannot find it with the Device Discovery tool nor the Restoration Utility...

When POWER LED is blinking, then you need to set your PCs IP address to DHCP. If done, check with "ipconfig /all" in console if you have an address starting with "169.xxx" , not "192.xxx". Then the firmware restoration tool should find the router.