Thread: Teamspeak RC2 Client

Teamspeak RC2 Client

Hi.
    Are there anyone who has been able to successfully use the Teamspeak RC2 client through the WL500g? I'm unable to connect to any server on the internet, it almost looks like the WL500g is dropping the connection, but i can't see anything in the logs.
    I've tried several versions of the firmware, and is currently using Olsg's 1.9.2.7-6c-pre5.
    If i change to my cheap (and bad) SMC wireless broadband router the Teamspeak client works perfectly.

Are there any friendly souls out there that could help me?

Regards Roger

Actually I never did anything to make teamspeak work. Works like charme, from day 1 on. But then again LAN/WAN & WAN/LAN filters are not enabled for the machine I use teamspeak on. Are your filters active?

The filters was enabled, I've disabled them but i still get the same error message: "[20:25:24] No reply from server Maybe the server is offline or maybe teamspeak is not running on it".
    So I'm still unable to connect to any Teamspeak server except the server running on my own LAN.

On which ports do the (external) TS servers run on? If it's non-standard, you didn't accidently forget to add the port number to the IP address? ( I know you said it works with your other router, but I gotta ask, just in case )

How are you connected to the Router? W-LAN or wired connection?

You made sure you DISABLED both "LAN to WAN" and "WAN to LAN" filters?

And you could try this: save your current settings to a file. Do a factory reset (via the webinterface). Set your PC's ip address to DHCP. Connect to the router. Then only do the quick setup, don't configure anything else. Teamspeak HAS to work then. If not .... NO idea.

I've located the fault. It's the PC itself. I was using my laptop to test the other router, Teamspeak works perfect from the laptop with both the WL500g and my cheap router, and my other PC just doesn't work with none of them. Thanks for all suggestions, they did point me in the right direction.

regards
    Roger