Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [500gdeluxe] few questions

[500gdeluxe] few questions

hi,

i've got a few questions:

1. i've seen a textfield with "initial script" next to it in the ftp settings page. Where can i use this for? examples?

2. the internet connection disappears several times a week. The strange thing is, the connection is always back after aprox. 10-20 seconds. I already updated the firmware from 1.8.2.1 to 1.9.2.7-6b. Didn't help.

3. i had several people try my ftp-server. The ftp server works, there's only one small problem. No one, not even me, gets a login screen. Everytime someone uses internet explorer, they get an "authority" error. Going to file--> login as, gives a login screen. After entering an username and password my ftpserver can be accessed.
    (I already found another method: ftp://<username>:<password>@<myip>:<port> , this works fine!)
    But why doesn't anyone get a loginscreen when entering ftp://82.75.***.**:21 ???

greetings,
    Bart Grefte
    asus wl500g deluxe, firmware 1.9.2.7-6b
    FTP: western digital 160GB in a sitecom md200 (the old version) casing. formatted as ext3 i believe. or ext2.

anyone????

Quote Originally Posted by bartgrefte
    hi,

i've got a few questions:

1. i've seen a textfield with "initial script" next to it in the ftp settings page. Where can i use this for? examples?
    It's the way to launch something, when wl500g mounts a flash. This "script" should be a unix shell script.
    2. the internet connection disappears several times a week. The strange thing is, the connection is always back after aprox. 10-20 seconds. I already updated the firmware from 1.8.2.1 to 1.9.2.7-6b. Didn't help.
    No logs, no answers.

3. i had several people try my ftp-server. The ftp server works, there's only one small problem. No one, not even me, gets a login screen. Everytime someone uses internet explorer, they get an "authority" error. Going to file--> login as, gives a login screen. After entering an username and password my ftpserver can be accessed.
    (I already found another method: ftp://<username>:<password>@<myip>:<port> , this works fine!)
    But why doesn't anyone get a loginscreen when entering ftp://82.75.***.**:21 ???
    Have no idea. Perhaps you've anonymous enabled or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg
    It's the way to launch something, when wl500g mounts a flash. This "script" should be a unix shell script.

No logs, no answers.

Have no idea. Perhaps you've anonymous enabled or something.
    logs? hm, i'll have to put them here when i'm at home again later this afternoon. (or can i acces my router from somewhere else outside the lan?)

Those loginscreens. i dont think they have got anything to do with the fact that anonymous login is blocked...

i've got another question: is it possible in some way that i can use my hp psc2355 with the wl500gdeluxe? Including the scanner?
    Last edited by bartgrefte; 30-11-2005 at 13:30.

scanner - no, printing should work with most hp models.

oleg:
    here's the log: http://members.home.nl/a.kost/log.txt

I've tried to acces the router's webinterface from somewhere else, outside the lan. This didn't work. Is this even possible?

oleg:
    I've tried to acces the router's webinterface from somewhere else, outside
    the lan. This didn't work. Is this even possible?
    Depends on your connection to outside your lan.
    e.g. Firewall settings , NAT etc

oleg:
    here's the log: http://members.home.nl/a.kost/log.txt

I've tried to acces the router's webinterface from somewhere else, outside the lan. This didn't work. Is this even possible?
    Well, according to your logs, you're using DHCP and everything looks fine... Perhaps your ISP failing at some point? I've no idea, sorry.

Well, according to your logs, you're using DHCP and everything looks fine... Perhaps your ISP failing at some point? I've no idea, sorry.
    the internet connection disappeared again a few minutes ago.--> dec 3 10:32
    there's only nothing to be found in the log. the last entry is at: Dec 3 10:12:37

i was just thinking. those 20 seconds. that is the time the router needs to reboot, isnt it? maybe the router is rebooting for some reason??
    befor i forget: in those 20 seconds my cablemodem (192.168.100.1) is unreachable

about the isp. if i have internet problems, they always claime that the cause is to be found here, not with them. (they were always wrong). but it takes me atleast $25 for 4 phonecalls to get them to look by themselves. this is happening way to often for me...

by the way, i've found a bug in the firmware . if i click on the save log button the router wants to save the log as a syslog.1&action=Save-document. Thats not right isnt it? :P
    Last edited by bartgrefte; 03-12-2005 at 15:41.

*kick*

anyone?

when the router reboots, the logs are gets cleared. You could check system (up) time as well.

when the router reboots, the logs are gets cleared. You could check system (up) time as well.
    the log hasn't been cleared, never. it (still) "goes" back to 3 days ago. only the moment that the internetconnection is disappearing is not in the log.

Looks like ISP problems...

Looks like ISP problems...
    maybe this helpes finding the cause: just a few minutes ago it happened again. But this time i looked more closely to the router, i saw the WAN-led turn of for like a second and then turn on again.....
    Does this meen that i have to look for the cause in the cablemodem?

(still nothing in the log at the time the internet connection disappeared)

yes, if you've a cable modem, then perhaps it's rebooting.
    WAN LED indicates hardware link status, not the high-level connection.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast