Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: wl500g dead, dead, dead... Or not ?

Next morning..... No wireless, think i have a hardware failure.

Just to clarify - wrt54g method do not "reset" the chip, but causes CRC or invalid nvram content errors in the pmon, causing it to go to recover mode. wl500g on the other hand are always goes to recover mode if it detects that RESTORE button is pressed during the power on.
    It does not matter who has produced the FLASH.
    Also, Reset PIN will not clear FLASH, but reset the internal CPU. This will not help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg
    Just to clarify - wrt54g method do not "reset" the chip, but causes CRC or invalid nvram content errors in the pmon, causing it to go to recover mode.
    Yep, that's what I saw reading the Intel flash datasheet. VoidMain is shortenning A19-A18 to produce CRC error.
    I will try to shorten the same on the MAD flash (even if they are not close each other).

I think MY wl500g must be different because it doesn't go to recovery mode when I pressed RESTORE button at power on

Jean-fabrice

My WL500G was also inaccessible the wireless in these few days. I didn't know why, just shut it down and turn on again.
    But it rarely happened before untile these few days......

Quote Originally Posted by win139
    My WL500G was also inaccessible the wireless in these few days. I didn't know why, just shut it down and turn on again.
    But it rarely happened before untile these few days......
    This is not the case, i'm having this problem for nearly two weeks now.
    A few minutes ago i flashed to Firmware 1.7.5.9-CR5 without success,
    (Router works fine accept the wireless) this really must be a hardware problem.
    After powering down the WL-500g for 10 minutes the wireless works for
    a short time, after that no wireless anymore.
    I really think there is a bad connection somewhere on the internal wifi card.
    Must go back to the shop and claim my warranty

6. ill give it a try

7. Talking

deactivating UPnP does help,no disconnect since yesterday,even with P2P programm and mass connection on wan line

thx

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Rynno
    Must go back to the shop and claim my warranty
    Last weekend, went back to the shop with my router. Servicedesk didn't
    ask me anything, and did not respond to my remarks but they gave me a new
    WL-500g instantly. At home, tried my new router ( it's indeed a newer one,
    because i wrote down the serials of my old one ... ) but same problem
    While writing this message i'm happily connected to my neighbours wifi network!
    (WL100g card) Laptop works, router should be working. Maybe i'm a dumbo after
    all??? Strange that my backup configs which worked perfectly don't work anymore...
    And no, this isn't a SP2 conflict as a haven't installed it yet.
    One thing i did notice: Netstumbler does close down the Wireless Zero Configuration.
    Closing down Netstumbler start the service again automatically.
    Not that i'm using it, but i am trying a lot to get this thing wifiíng again.

To be continued...
    Last edited by Rynno; 27-09-2004 at 17:53.

Unhappy My Asus WL500B is still dead

Can somebody help we...who can help me to restore de NVRAM (HW version 1.0)

See also

http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?p=5356#post5356

try to start from scratch when configuring the router

if you restore backup settings it will restore corrupted stuff too, and this will result everytime in the same failures

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

no posting in howto!!!

read your Private messages please, I've offered you an option there a while ago

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

when turning on the router, the wireless LED always doesn't light up.
    But the wired connection is ok. When browsing to the router and look at the wireless part in status & log, the channel is 0 and click "refresh" again, the channel becomes 2147439232. Anyone has such experience?

Quote Originally Posted by bsd234
    when turning on the router, the wireless LED always doesn't light up.
    But the wired connection is ok. When browsing to the router and look at the wireless part in status & log, the channel is 0 and click "refresh" again, the channel becomes 2147439232. Anyone has such experience?
    no do a restore of your defaults turn your machine off for 10 minutes and start over

Sorry, I didn't know that there was a way for private messaging..Antiloop please check your inbox, thanks for your offer....Hopefully you can help me...

Quote Originally Posted by Antiloop
    try to start from scratch when configuring the router

if you restore backup settings it will restore corrupted stuff too, and this will result everytime in the same failures
    I always make backups with comments if there are problems,
    the backup up router config was working perfectly (This time i'm sure).
    There are also wired problems now. Network shares between 3 XP machines
    are not visible, or some metafoorproblem appear and no network workgroup available at all.

Summary:
    Internet works always. (wired, no wireless)
    XP <--> Win 98 shares works fine.
    VNC (remote / client) XP<--> XP / XP <--> Win 98 always works.
    XP <--> XP shares never works.
    Opening the network workgroup sometimes doesn't work at all, and takes a while to display a metafoor error.

This evening i tried some setting with masterbrowsing auto/off/on, no succes.
    I wanted to restore a recent backup on my laptop, i suspect that thing the most but that isn't easy without a network.
    Maybe i'll kick this thread to another one, it becomes heavily offtopic

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast