Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: wl500g dead, dead, dead... Or not ?

Well, I've tried all sort of combinaison with the restore button : before power up, while power-up, after power-up, less than 5 seconds, more than 5, etc.

I've tried setting an IP on my PC in the supposed original LAN of the wl500g (192.168.1.x), no answer from 192.168.1.1 ; and in my previously set-up LAN (192.168.0.x), no answer from 192.168.1.254 (wl500g)

Leds are :
    Power up : on / not flashing
    Wan : on / flashing from time to time
    other : on when connected / not flashing.
    Air : off

( think it is definitively dead....

JF

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg
    Have you pushed RESTORE before powering on and released after power on?
    Hallo Oleg, thanks for the hint with the sequence of reset and powering up. i did follow you sequence and now the power LED is flashing which is acc. to the manual fail of firmware upgrade. Any idea how to reset?

Many Thanks
    Jolanthe

Quote Originally Posted by jolanthe
    Hallo Oleg, thanks for the hint with the sequence of reset and powering up. i did follow you sequence and now the power LED is flashing which is acc. to the manual fail of firmware upgrade. Any idea how to reset?

Many Thanks
    Jolanthe
    Reset or recover? To reset from blinking just power off the unit. To recover use firmware restoration tool.

wl500g totally dead.

Well,

I flashed my wl500 with 9.8.1.9 and it is now really dead. Don't know why..

Have try all the RESTORE tips with no success : POWER LED never starts flashing. Have try everything like tftp at boot time, firmware restoration tool, restore button : wl500 seems totally dead.

Does anybody know if there is a hard way to restore a correct firmware, using an external hard tool and if so, what is the component to be flashed ?

Thanx a lot.

Jean-fabrice

uhm

what about this thread?
    https://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=838

for another way of restoring possible refer to this thread:
    https://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=587

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Thanx for your help Antiloop.

I've read all the possible Chupa threads about restoration and try everything but nothing help.

About serial access to console, it would be great (just to know what's wrong in the wl) but as far as I understand, I cannot simply access console with a USB/Serial converter and a vt100 emul., can I ?

Jean-Fabrice

Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Fabrice
    Thanx for your help Antiloop.

I've read all the possible Chupa threads about restoration and try everything but nothing help.

About serial access to console, it would be great (just to know what's wrong in the wl) but as far as I understand, I cannot simply access console with a USB/Serial converter and a vt100 emul., can I ?

Jean-Fabrice
    yes but what about this thread,, am i hearing echoes ?
    https://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=838

regarding the console stuff you should ask TechniK for help he's the 'expert' atm for me

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

yes, you're hearing well. sorry

What about this method for WRT54G : http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net:81/red...g_revival.html

Does something similar could exist for wl500g ?

Jean-fabrice

Looking at wl500g internal pic, I found an AMD chip named AM29LV320D.
    does this chips contains flash information ?

I found spec @ http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/cont...cs/23579c5.pdf

and saw that there is a reset pin at PIN12.

Do you think that grounding this pin can helps ? or will my wl500g explose when grounded

Jean-Fabrice

Looking at wl500g internal pic, I found an AMD chip named AM29LV320D.
    does this chips contains flash information ?

I found spec @ http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/cont...cs/23579c5.pdf

and saw that there is a reset pin at PIN12.

Do you think that grounding this pin can helps ? or will my wl500g explose when grounded

Jean-Fabrice
    i suggest you to find out what pin 15 and 16 do exactly
    would be a worth trying and also very interresting

what about the echo, you are naming 2 different firmware versions which have failed ? if it is still the same failure please don't open a new thread for it in the future anymore

yes, you're hearing well. sorry

What about this method for WRT54G : http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net:81/red...g_revival.html

Does something similar could exist for wl500g ?

Jean-fabrice
    For this to work you need a working PMON which does not work to you as seems. But you could try this anyway.

Question Wireless nearly dead?

WL500-g FW Version 1.7.5.6-CR5 worked fine for a few months. This week the
    wireless connection nearly disappeared. Can't connect anymore (and yes i read the wifi web 128 for dummies...)
    Think there might be a strange problem. The WL100g PCMCIA card connects fine with the other network from
    my neighbours. Stumbling around with Network Stumbler gives a short (one vertical green stroke of) signal of my own
    wireless network every 10 minutes. Reset to default (reset >5 seconds) doesn't help, inserting one of the backed up
    settings doesn't help. Ofcourse the "Block Broadcast SSID" is set to "No" for testing.
    BTW, no settings in the router had been change --> Wifi worked fine, shut down
    my laptop, next morning Wifi dead... (Wired connections are working ok)
    Tomorrow i'll try flashing an old FW version, then go back to 1.7.5.6-CR5
    Last edited by Rynno; 08-09-2004 at 07:56.

turn it off for 10 minutes and then power on
    50/50 chance it works

Ok, will give it a try if Asus doesn't accept RMA.

According to you, is the AMD AM29LV320D the good chip to be resetted (like the Intel one in WRT) ?

Jean-Fabrice

Quote Originally Posted by Antiloop
    turn it off for 10 minutes and then power on
    50/50 chance it works
    Thanks,
    It's alive.... Wireless output from the Wl500g.
    Still no connection wit the laptop, but that's another (small) problem i guess.
    Must install a small fan or a heatsink on the wifi card inside the Asus someday.
    Let you know.

(Antiloop --> en de groeten uit Geldrop)

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast