Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: wl500g dead, dead, dead... Or not ?

Yes, but I noticed something strange though. I connected a cable to the wan port, the led lit, but the router said that nothing was connected. So I can't get any connection. But the other ports and the wlan works normally. Any Idea?

Which connection type you've specified? Anyway, this is probably temporarily thing, it should continue connecting normal.

Wl-500g dead or not

Sorry my english is not so good.

I have tryed today the firmware WL500g_9.8.1.2_en, and i didnt like it
    So i have make the wl500g-1.7.5.6-5 on it, and make a reset with the reset button 10 sec.
    I put the power off/on, and now i can't connect to the wl 500g.
    The air led go's not on, the wan and lan are on, but they give me no ip.
    I have tried to set my pc ip static, 192.168.1.2, 255.255.255.0. but no response on 192.168.1.1.
    So i Can't make no connection with telnet

Help what can i do, have i mayby destroy my bootloader, can i fix this problem ?

Regards Rongogo

read the link below
    this will probably do the trick
    http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=515

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

I have read it before, but when i hold the restore button, en then power on.
    the power led goos not blinking, it burns continuos, and can not come in to the restore mode.
    what setting can i make bij my static ip on the pc for the recover mode ?
    is 192.168.1.2 ok

Rongogo

192.168.1.2 would be OK yes..

allthough the powerled SHOULD go blinking otherwise you can't do a recovery afaik

if you can manage to get your device into recovery modus, then you can follow the thread above

i've performed with succes a downgrade to the recovery firmware from Oleg, resetted things to default then flashed to 1.7.5.9-2 and flashed to 9.8.1.2

good luck!

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

He is dead +++

I got now a new one.
    Before i had one with hardware rev 1.0, now i got hardware rev 2.4
    I'm looking now for good firmware that makes wifi stable, and with a litle more power output, enyone sugestions ?

Rongogo

other question, how do you mean stable wifi?
    this has almost always been stable !?

Quote Originally Posted by Antiloop
    other question, how do you mean stable wifi?
    this has almost always been stable !?
    I Get the problems before when i was downloading, that the most time the conection was lost, en than i mus reconect with my wifi card.

rongogo

Lightbulb WLAN "used" to be dead.. but...

Hi all,

As reported previously by many people, after a short period using eMule or other p2p application the wireless LAN goes down being necessary to reboot the router.
    This was happening to me with my Intel 2100 3B card, everytime. Yesterday I tested a SMC 802.11g and guess what... No problems at all... All night downloading from eMule, I even increased the number of connections in eMule to test it thoroughly.

Could this be a problem of brands/implementation ?? Does this happen only with Intel 2100 3B cards ?

BTW: I'm using firmware 1.6.5.3 (no custom)

Regards,
    NJS

I'have also a 2100 3B card in the notebook (Asus M3700N) and had also problems with the connection when using Shareaza 2.0

I haven't test it yet with de Asus WL-100g PCMCIA card, because my internet conection is not 54 Mbps (But 1 Mbps download and as you now the 2100 3B card is 11 Mbps)

Maybe a while test it this weekend if I have time

@rongongo:
    I got the same problem. Plz help us hier http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=...hlight=connect

Red face Ports dead and XPSP2

For all others who may be struggling out there.

I have had a lot of problems with my WL500G, and it came very very close to being sent back to the vendor. WAN port dying was most frequent but LAN ports died just about as frequently. I did try different setup recommendations posted in these forums that looked promising, but failed all after about 8 hours of operations.

While looking for a way to force my dsl-modem port to 10mb, I found a related post of someone complaining his modem died ever since he installed SP2, which I did too. The problem seems to be related to UPNP, I disabled it on both my machines and have been running since then, just passed the 24 hours limit and counting!

Hope this helps others
    Bumper

wl500g seems dead... any idea ?

Well,

Flashed my wl500g with 1.8.1.9. Flashing took a long time....strange and after rebooting, no connexion at all...

No led is flashing, so unable to make use recovery method (device not found...) and I d'ont get any IP.
    Have tried the reset button more than 5 seconds, rebooting => no more result
    Have tried the reset button while powering up,more than 5 seconds => no results....

Start to worried....

Anyone has an idea ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Fabrice
    Have tried the reset button while powering up,more than 5 seconds => no results....
    Have you pushed RESTORE before powering on and released after power on?

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast