Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: wl500g dead, dead, dead... Or not ?

500g delux: No power/air light - acts as a switch - half dead?

Hi all,

I have an Asus 500g Deluxe which seems to have gotten a problem after my house lost power for some time. I have observed the following:
    • When I insert the power cable, all lights except power and air lights/leds is turned on for a second.
    • Power and air leds do never light up.
    • When I connect a pc to lan 1, the correct lan1 led turns green as it shod.
    • All lan ports + wan may be used and the 500g deluxe seems to be operateing as a switch between all these ports.

I have tried to unplug the power, let it be out for some time and plug it in again. I have also tried to hold in the reset button as I plug in the power, and keep it pressed for some time. I have also pressed the reset button when the power is connected without any luck.

The next thing I did was to give my computer a static IP of 192.168.0.2 (as the DHCP server is no longer operating from the asus box) and then tried to ping 192.168.0.1 which was the IP of the asus box without any reply.

It seems to me like my trusted asus 500g deluxe is dead :\ Is there anything I can do to wake it up again?

A big thanks to all who reply! :-)

Hello all again!

I'm sorry to say, but I have not found any solution to this problem on my own, and I have now bought myself a new router, the D-link DIR-655.

I am still interesting thought to find a solution to this and fix the ASUS, so if anyone have any ideas they are welcome to write them down :-)

Did you run Oleg or original firmware? Looked already for "bricked my router" topics? I thought there was a solution to get a brick-router back to live. Unless it's hardware damage of course.

You should try the 192.168.1.x range because 192.168.1.1 is default asus ip.
    Solar inverter monitoring with Asus wl500gx http://solar.reinieren.net (dutch)

Quote Originally Posted by mistraller View Post
    Did you run Oleg or original firmware? Looked already for "bricked my router" topics? I thought there was a solution to get a brick-router back to live. Unless it's hardware damage of course.

You should try the 192.168.1.x range because 192.168.1.1 is default asus ip.
    Hi, and thank you for your reply. I have tried 192.168.1.x-range now too without any luck. I did ran Oleg's firmware. I have looked at bricked my router topics, and the closest thing I have found which might fix this is http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2507 .. So maybe I should try that..

------------------------------------
    Update:
    I have tried that too now, but it didnt help. So I guess I only have a switch now :]
    Last edited by siaco; 15-09-2007 at 18:41.

Is my router dead ? all LAN lights on

Please help me !

I have followed all the steps pointed here in this forum trying to restore my wl500g router firmware.
    Problem: when finished rebooting, the router has 4 LAN leds lighten up and ping to 192.168.1.1 just doesn't have any answer.
    What I did so far: I used the firmware restoration tool to successfully apply the firmware file wl500g-clear-nvram.trx and then wl500g-recover.trx. Until this point all seems to be quite well: it responds to ping and the only lights on are the power and LAN. However, I still can not open the web interface. Is this ok ?
    Then I apply one of the latest firmwares: wl500g-1.9.2.7g.trx or wl500g-1.9.2.8.trx and when it finishes the upload+reboot process, my router looses all conections including the LAN that connects directly with my PC and remain with the 4 LAN lights always on. All others ligths are off including power. Ping does not answer anymore and reset by pressing the reset button does not work either.
    I had one command prompt session where I issued:
    ping -t -w 10 192.168.1.1
    In this window I was following current access to router. By the time of the last firmware uploading I see this sequence:

Request timed out.
    Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Hardware error.
    Hardware error.
    Destination host unreachable.
    Destination host unreachable.
    (forever and ever)

Do I have to send the router to garbage or can it somehow return to life ?
    Am I doing something wrong ?
    I must say I own this router for 3+ years with no trouble at all.
    Since I've found this forum, always used oleg's firmware and was very happy with it.
    I don't know what caused this problem since I did no firmware upgrade. Suddenly the router just died. Strange thing (and this is what gives me some hope) is that I have access to the router with the firmware restoration tool or even a telnet session with all firmware prior to the recent ones.
    Does anyone have some hint I could try ?
    thanx in advance

I got the same problem now

Unfortunally I my router lost also power for a minute. And since then the power and air led are dead.
    I used the router as a access point. So it stills functions like a hub but that is it.

It happened once before but then I could solve it with the resetbutton and reconnecting the power.

Someone found the answer yet? I still have the default firmware on it

thnx in advance Gluip

Hello,

I have the same problem. But my Asus light doesn't flashes... I can't try to restore it.

I post here, but the message was not display...

Perharps an error... Someone can help us?

Thanks.

@+

same problem

i have the same problem; searching the forums didn't bring a solution that works.
    power & air led are dead
    all lan leds are turned on for a second when powering on
    lan led is turned on if port is used
    no flashing power led when holding reset button at powering on
    ping 192.168.1.1 doesn't work

pin9, 10, 12 etc. trick doesn't work
    using a different power supply doesn't work

can anyone help?
    raimund

Connect a terminal to the rs232 port and post the output here.

WL 500 Air led dead. Cant trace the router.

WL 500g have got his air light dead. Its the only one that blanked out, this router is new, 2 months usage. I cant connect my Wireless since then and cant find the router in my lan. Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

we have same problem, you can try flash the low version. this problem i try 3 days.

have had the same problem with my Wl-500G! No ping, no air led and no possibility to enter recovery mode with pressed reset button.

After I've tried all possible opened the WL-500G and soldered the PIN 10 of the flashrom with the ground and finally got it in recovery mode.

After router was reachable with ping, put first wl500g-clear-nvram.trx second wl500g-recover.trx and than dd-wrt.v23_asus.trx or whatever you are using as firmware.
    Get these files here: http://rapidshare.com/files/95968376/wl500gfiles.zip

Use for that, the asusrecovery tool from Asus or download it from:

http://rapidshare.com/files/95966729/asusrecovery.zip

Wait until router reboots and you are done.

Attached is a picture of the Pin10 soldering if you can not find it in the forum (it comes from this forum).

Regards
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by agregatori; 29-02-2008 at 19:02.

I am in the same boat

My lights on the router comes on and everything I am able to ping the router. And was able to restore the latest oleg software onto the router. But my problem is that I can't get on to the device webpage for some reason. So yea my problem is similar. Thanks in advance all you guys

Question recovery mode with 2 subnets -- router dead?

hi,

i experimented with a new dd-wrt version on my wl-500g and after reboot my router did not respond anymore (power led on, radio off, connected lan on) and is not pingable

it's a wl-500g with dd-wrt 2.4 on subnet 192.168.100.*

so I tried the standard procedure with clearing nvram, recovery and a new firmware -- did not work:

1) when I enter recovery mode, the router is not reachable under 192.168.1.1 (power led flashing slowly, radio off, connected lan activity)

2) I have to set a manual IP adress in the original subnet e.g. 192.168.100.10 and the router to 192.168.100.1 to reach the router in recovery mode.
    STRANGE: now the router is pingable both 192.168.100.1 and 192.168.1.1

3) the firmware restoration util cannot upload the clear-nvram, it detects the router but stops after 2 seconds and seems to reboot the router.

4) also tried tftp (both 192.168.100.1 and 192.168.1.1) but the upload times out....

5) also tried the long recovery (read somewhere in the forum) but this didnt help either....

any ideas???? would the pin10 trick help?

help is kindly appreciated!
    cheers, thomas.

pin10 did the trick ...

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast