Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: wl500g dead, dead, dead... Or not ?

Well I've had another go but no luck. I must have tried about 50 times, sometimes holding it on for over a minute without the slightest flicker from the power led. I'm pretty sure I've physically stuffed the flash chip with my bumbling.
    This is going in the bin now before I lose any more hair over it... unless anyone knows a good use for the parts? Think I'll strip the USB connectors, they might come in handy.
    Thanks anyway everyone.

Thats exactly how I felt after I stuffed mine. I put it away for a week, then had another go after carefully re-reading wtzm's info. I'm sure you know that the chip is the other way round on the gx from his pic. In fact pin 5 is marked so you can count from that... I picked up ground from the marked pin on the internal uart connector.
    You could also try a serial port, but I had no joy with that.

I've just rigged up a serial cable. I used a USB to serial converter cable, built a little cable that connected the TX0, RX0 and GND pins to a female serial port and connected the two. Looks pretty solid but I get absolutely nothing back from hyperterminal. I'm using 115200 8-N-1 Hardware and have tried a few other combinations but the most I can get back is an OK to the AT command and that's coming from the USB-Serial converter itself. Plus the USB-Serial cable has an LED that should flash when it's handshaking or there's data transfer.. not a flicker.

wl500g dead

Hi
    I lost web interface access on wl-500g even ping goes well after reseting it.
    Power LED flash in recovery mode but I can only ping my own ip not factory default 192.168.1.1 ? I try tftp -i (my ip) 192.168.1.22 put wgxxxxxxx_WL500g_EN.trx several times but no joy so far. What is the magic key please to get device become alive again

Use firmware restoration tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg
    Use firmware restoration tool.
    Oleg thanks for fast reply.
    I try restoration tool before I opened new thread here but when I try uploading C:\Wireless\Firmware Asus wl-500g\wg01090207_WL500g_EN.trx PWR LED on my wl500g goes OFF and I get message from restoration tool as there is no wireless device in recovery mode found. I try repeating this several times with no success at all ?!? tnx

You've to disable all network adapters (inlcuding bluetooth) in the network connections and leave only one (ethernet) enabled.

Please read this tutorial on firmware upgrading. Never use wireless connection for upgrading of firmware!

Quote Originally Posted by Styno
    Never use wireless connection for upgrading of firmware!
    Hi
    I readed how-to several times and I trying with recovery mode uploading over cable as suggested. My wireless card was disconected, disabled then but recovery tool still not see router connected. After that (reading this thread) I fired up my desktop clone and take me few minutes for upgrading firmware to router which become fully accessable now. Thanks for hint it would be the very last what would come to my mind.
    Anyway the strange thing is windoz see wireless card on my notebook disabled but not the recovery tool from Asus.

Unhappy WL-500g Deluxe DEAD

hi everyone,

I received my Asus WL-500G Deluxe today and I flashed DD-WRT v.23, build date 27/10/05, ASUS binary. Everything went OK, after first reboot the firmware loaded up no problem.

But after powering off the AP only the 4LAN a 1 WAN LED are on, the POWER and AIR leds are off and I can't ping the AP -- hell, I can't even establish a connection to the AP (Windows reports the lan cable is disconnected..). Resetting the AP has no effect, nor does holding the reset button and pluggin in the power cable.

Has anyone encountered this problem? Is it because of the FW?

Please help

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSK
    hi everyone,

and I flashed DD-WRT v.23, build date 27/10/05, ASUS binary.

Ask for support where you found your firmware.

Hmm yes, we don't have much experience with DD firmwares here so the first thing would be to seek help there. But we do have some tips for borked WL-500g's: http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=1329

You should probably try to logon to the router and reboot to factory defaults.

DD-WRT is OpenWRT based - OpenWRT is pretty picky with Defaults when flashing from Official ASUS / Olegs Firmware.

Thanx for help.. I used this forum because forums dealing with DD-WRT are 99% LinkSys only. I will have to look into the problem again, the whole AP is dead as it doesent respond to resetting, nor does the LAN/WAN switch work at all. I will keep you updated on any progres I made

I am experiencing the exact same problem. Pls keep this thread updated with yout progress and I'll do the same =)

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast