Thread: SMTP on the router?

Question SMTP on the router?

Assuming I have a HDD on the USB port to provide the storage, is this possible?

My ISP provides a single mail account name@ispname.com. I can use any email address of the form foo@name.ispname.com or bar@name.ispname.com but all email ends up in the same name@ispname.com account.

I want to create a mailserver that reads in all the mail from name@ispname.com and posts the correct messages to the individual accounts. I know VPOP can do this on Windows but don't know of an equivalent on Linux.

Quote Originally Posted by darrellr
    Assuming I have a HDD on the USB port to provide the storage, is this possible?

My ISP provides a single mail account name@ispname.com. I can use any email address of the form foo@name.ispname.com or bar@name.ispname.com but all email ends up in the same name@ispname.com account.

I want to create a mailserver that reads in all the mail from name@ispname.com and posts the correct messages to the individual accounts. I know VPOP can do this on Windows but don't know of an equivalent on Linux.

Try fetchmail, in available packages. Some of my mail tools might do too. Search the forum for them (look back for "mail tools" message from me in begining of the year)