Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 1.9.2.7-6c-pre5 available for testing

Quote Originally Posted by vpe
    Hello Oleg,

please fix WL500g Deluxe Afterburner support in Station/Client mode, is possible? In original driver this not working :-( Is available sources for broadcom driver?

I need Peer to Peer link with 2 WL500g HWAP, but in Station Client mode Afterburner not working :-(
    This is offtopic.
    Why do you think, that Afterburner does not work in the client mode? Are you sure, that your wl500g has afterburner enabled? Is that Deluxe or original wl500g?

http_lanport

If I wanted to move ASUS config interface from port 80 to somewhere else, is the http_lanport=80 nvram variable the right one? Of course, now this is defunct!

I think that the following files should be patched:
    1. rc/watchdog.c
    2. rc/http_ex.c
    3. rc/services.c
    4. rc/mtd.c --- not sure

Any comments on preparing such patch?
    Last edited by oleo; 15-11-2005 at 11:18.

No comments, try compiling and using it yourself.

I had already used 1.9.2.7-6c-pre5 and worked smoothly.

Will the final release of 1.9.2.7-6c use the lastest version of BusyBox?

I saw the lastest version of BusyBox had lots of linux-based commands.
    Like su, who, adduser, addgroup, last, poweroff ... almost double than the current vrsion.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by abinlee
    I had already used 1.9.2.7-6c-pre5 and worked smoothly.

Will the final release of 1.9.2.7-6c use the lastest version of BusyBox?

I saw the lastest version of BusyBox had lots of linux-based commands.
    Like su, who, adduser, addgroup, last, poweroff ... almost double than the current vrsion.
    I don't think so,
    if this is a pre5 I think that the only modifications that oleg will do, are about bugs.. The new version of busybox maybe for the next version (but, who am i?)
    Home Page
    Marco Sousa from PORTUGAL
    [ WL-500g - fw: 1.9.2.7-7e [Oleg] | WL-500gP - fw: 1.9.2.7-7f-USB-1.63 [Oleg&koppel.cz] ]

Some USB drives stop being accessible

I am using 1.9.2.7-6c-pre5. I had intermittent problems with some USB hard drives becoming inaccessible all of a sudden.

Last night I managed to reproduce the problem. I put a large file (approx. 7 GB) on an external USB harddrive, then I issued the following command:

md5sum filename

With two types of external USB harddrives the command run for a while and then stopped without giving any output. When I tried to look at the directory with the 7GB file no files were visible (in fact no data on the external USB harddrive was visible). After reboot of the wl500gx the data became visible again.

With one type of external USB harddrive the md5sum command produced a result and the data on the harddrive remained visible.

The two harddrives that became invisible were a Western Digital 250 GB and a LaCie 160 GB.

The one harddrive that remained working was a Freecom 40 GB harddrive.

If I can be of any assistance for further testing, please let me know (and tell me what to do or test :-) ).

Biko

when will the next version be released OLeg?

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg
    No ideas. 640x480 is not supported, email alerts was not fixed too.
    Hi Oleg

Are you ever going to apply the patches I sent you for Philips webcams (640x480 support + 9.0.2 ) or you just dont care?

Kind Regards,

João Seabra
    Asus Wl500g + Homebrew bi-quad antenna + 80 G 3.5" seagate H.D + Philips ToUCam II - 1.9.2.7-6b-seabra

Quote Originally Posted by alien433
    is it possible to put the url filter in there again. i used it to block bad sites.
    better use privoxy (www.privoxy.org) on your local PC (linux, windows or macosx), its alot more powerfull and will frees space in the router
    if you want to just filter DNS, just add then to the /etc/hosts poiting to localhost so that dnsmasq will deliver the the network

and then configure it on all the pc, too much work, i think i go back to the original firmware there i can use it .

Question Possible to use 'Motion'

Oleg,

I have no idea if this is possible, but.... is it possible to implement (parts of) 'Motion' for webcam(s) such as Philips PCVC730 or Quickcam 4000 Pro? This to get rid of the Asus problems with Motion Detection?

Please take a look at: http://www.lavrsen.dk/twiki/bin/view...deInstallation

Thanks in advance (from myself and probable a lot of other users who bought there WL500gx for the 'Security Mode'....)

Joost.

Topic closed.
    1.9.2.7-7 released.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345