Thread: Firmware v1.7.5.6 CR2.1 [Oleg]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Firmware v1.7.5.6 CR2.1 [Oleg]

Changelog:

+ Fixed usb printer driver
    + Added VI editor compiled in busybox

also see this thread for changelog for CR2 http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=249

find firmware here: http://files.wl500g.info/asus/wl500g....7.5.6-2.1.trx

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

antiloop,

when we use this firmware, can we use it together with the USB root fs for 1.7.5.6-CR2?

i'm quite confused what comes from the firmware and what from the external USB source....at first i thought that one replaces the other, but the fact that all my settings were remembered after switching to external USB disabused me...

it was about time for an editor.... keep up that great work

cheers, thomas.
    Last edited by piri; 29-04-2004 at 14:27.

when using rootfs(cr2) from usbkey, the wl500g boots up from your usbkey

so you need to overwrite your usbkey/hdd with the rootfs from this firmware.

maybe oleg can supply the rootfs of CR2.1

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Guys, just to clarify: this firmware is in fact the test firmware posted for resolving problems with kernel oopsses. I'm still waiting for the feedback on that and once I'm be able to resolve this terrible issue I will post the 1.7.5.6-3 firmware, sources & rootfs. Please wait for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg
    Guys, just to clarify: this firmware is in fact the test firmware posted for resolving problems with kernel oopsses. I'm still waiting for the feedback on that and once I'm be able to resolve this terrible issue I will post the 1.7.5.6-3 firmware, sources & rootfs. Please wait for this.
    Oleg, could you please add the attached files to filesystem of your new customized firmware? ASP files should be placed to web folder, client script should be somewhere in the path (perhaps in the bin folder?).
    With these files it should be possible to change the Admin name from the web configurator menu, client script should allow to enter the Client mode easily. Please note the files may be buggy so please correct it if you find any problem.
    BTW I have encountered a strange thing - it seems the reset to defaults does NOT set all variables properly... I am running 1.7.5.6-test2 (1.7.5.6-2.1) but I believe the same problem will be with original ASUS firmware. Today I had to reset the WL-500g configuration to defaults (using RESTORE button). The 'wl txpwr' command returned 255 (despite several reboots) until I have applied a Wireless-Advanced config page. I did not test the 'hard' reboot (power off) but this behaviour is not OK anyway I think...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ok. The script should go to the /init and I think the name should be rc.clientmode. The scripts looks like a hack for me. But it's better than nothing...