Thread: fritz!box fon with wl-500g as repeater

fritz!box fon with wl-500g as repeater

hello,

I wannt to set up my wl-500g as a repeater for my new fritz!box fon.

I'm not so into programming and now I have some problems. In Fritz!Box forums I found the settings I have to change on the box. For that settings I miss one information: the WLAN MAC address of my wl-500g. how can I get this?

and then: what are the correct settings for the asus as a repeater?

If it's working, can I still use the USB Features (Print server, ftp) and can I connect devices via LAN?

thank you for your help

ultron

MAC adress

Hello

To find out the mac adress you must login you at the AP (telnet or ssh). Then you run the command 'ifconfig' and look for the HWaddr of eth2. That is the mac adress.

Well, make sure you are connected to the Fritzbox... then use this link:
    http://fritz.box/cgi-bin/webcm?getpage=../html/de/menus/menu2.html&var:lang=de&var:menu=wlan&varagename=wds

This will bring up WDS funktions of your Fritzbox that are not reachable via the menue... even AVM still denies the existence of these WDS funktions.

Anyway, follow the steps explained on the new site.... if your system is set to WEP 64, it will still tell you to set your repeater to 128 bit after completing all steps... ignore that then...

Whatsoever... till now I only managed to set the Fritzbox as the master and the wl500gx as the repeater.... viceversa never worked for me.

To get all MAC addresses of your wireless APs, just get the program "network stumbler"... it lists all available devices by their MAC addresses... just put a ":" after every second number... so if you see 1314123d44de use 13:14:12:3d:44:de on the fritzbox.
    The wl500g needs the Mac addresses without the ":".....

If you managed to get the fritzbox to work in slave mode, please tell me how you did it...