Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1.9.5.0 Firmware on asus site

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

1.9.5.0 Firmware on asus site

Yesterday I downloaded the firmware source of the new 1.9.5.0 of the asus website. Today the link on the asus site was removed..

The zip file contains a .GPL file.. The file is about 500MB large, but I can't do anything with it..

Does someone have a usable 1.9.5.0 version?

just gunzip it. I have downloaded a usable version

I'm confused..

C:\>gunzip -d -S .zip GPL_1950.zip returns the same .GPL file as winrar..

C:\>gunzip -d -S .gpl GPL_1950.gpl
    Returns:
    gunzip: GPL_1950.gpl: not in gzip format

What am I doing wrong?

Perhaps this .gpl extension is in reality a .tar? Try rename the file and/or use 7zip (freeware)

Ok, that seemd to work...

But no I have a map called Broadcom... With 500 MB of linux tools... and sources..

If someone would be so kind to post a compiled version of 1.9.5.0.. I would be glad to make a mirror of it...
    Last edited by sandoval; 20-09-2005 at 09:43.

I just downloaded it and Winzip will work with it if the extension is renamed .tar.gz. Viewing the files in the archive by date, most recent first, shows there is a file WL500gx_1.9.5.0_EN_CDMA.trx size 3.747Mbyte.
    Anybody game enough to try it on their Asus?
    Edit: Correction there are many .trx files in the subdirectory broadcom/src/router/mipsel-uclibc/ all dated 31/08/2005
    Last edited by WVR; 19-09-2005 at 15:14.

Wi-Fi led

I just upgrade firmware, but I notice that Wi-Fi (Air) led is turned all time off. Do you have any idea why? Do you have same problem?

What FW did you upgrade from? Did you reset to factory default BEFORE flashing? Maybe flash once more, set to factory default before.

For me 1.9.5.0 was working like charme, tho I still prefer Oleg's firmware for obvious reasons

Quote Originally Posted by TheEagle
    What FW did you upgrade from? Did you reset to factory default BEFORE flashing? Maybe flash once more, set to factory default before.

For me 1.9.5.0 was working like charme, tho I still prefer Oleg's firmware for obvious reasons
    Thanks for quick answer. I was upgrading from 1.9.4.0 in which the led was blinking on Wi-Fi access.
    No, I didn't reset it to factory setting, am I? What is the reason?

same probleme here no Air led after upgrade !

Quote Originally Posted by starzykp
    Thanks for quick answer. I was upgrading from 1.9.4.0 in which the led was blinking on Wi-Fi access.
    No, I didn't reset it to factory setting, am I? What is the reason?
    All I can tell you is that I already had different problems when I didn't reset to factory defaults BEFORE flashing, even a not booting router. I'd give it a try ... save your settings before that, so if it's not better after setting to factory default and re-flashing 1.9.5.0, u can simply reload them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEagle
    All I can tell you is that I already had different problems when I didn't reset to factory defaults BEFORE flashing, even a not booting router. I'd give it a try ... save your settings before that, so if it's not better after setting to factory default and re-flashing 1.9.5.0, u can simply reload them.
    Thanks, but is still not working. I reset it to default upgrade it, but no luck :-( So, I downgrade to 1.9.4.0 and everything works great. 1.9.5.0 is not for me.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by starzykp
    I just upgrade firmware, but I notice that Wi-Fi (Air) led is turned all time off. Do you have any idea why? Do you have same problem?
    Me too.
    I noticed that seems to be a bug shared wit our wl500g friends:
    http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=...hlight=air+led

Maybe we should join the messages together to create e new discussion about it.

I upgraded today from 1.8.2.1 (the original that was in when i bought it)

There's another problem: daylight saving option is missing, so i had to modify the start and end hours for wifi radio enabled. (my wifi works only during office hours). Is impossible set correctly the clock because every hour it checks NTP server (and for him now is 11:51 GMT+1,but is 12:51)
    I consider this another bug from ASUS.
    Last edited by pieggi; 28-03-2006 at 11:57.

Question CDMA on WL500G Deluxe

Hello,
    I bought an WL500G Deluxe

to use with my USB EVDO modem z010 (www.zapp.pt)
    and with my USB Printer (this one has 2 USB ports :-), it work on the ethernet 10/100, for now. But...

I see that one must compile or build a (Linux distro?) version from the GPL code to enable the CDMA (English) for thw Deluxe version.
    I have no skills for this.
    Any chance of an help to WL500g Deluxe and CDMA needed owners ?

help

Hi, i need help, because i don't know how I setup the download policy. I will limit ports between 1 to 65536 and I don't know how i enter the ports.

Sorry for my English, because I'm from czech republic and I study English only 3 Months.
    Thanks DarkKNight

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast