Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1.9.5.0 Firmware on asus site

Guest Account to Multi-SSID

For Oleg or Antiloop :
    Our purpose was to allow EAP and PSK authentication at the same time so, using original 1.9.4.6 ASUS firmware we enabled guest account and switched to AP mode.
    We're able to see two different SSID at the same time but this is the only useful result we're able to archieve.
    For this reason we accessed the access point via telnet and tried to join the two virtual interfaces (for example adding wl0.1 to br0 using brctl) but with no success (probably thanks to a lack of informations about "guest mode" itself).
    We was able to archieve some limited functionality tryin'different configuration but, at last, we're unable to find nothing stable (and repeatable) so we're asking if a way exist to allow EAP and PSK authentication at the same time (since we need to give access both to "dumb" AP configured as "client" WPA-PSK and wireless network cards WPA-EAP) aswell.
    Last edited by madmax; 24-10-2005 at 14:47.

This official FW works very nice.. no dropouts, client works with WPA, nice speed (1,5km link @ 2MB/s average)

Wi-Fi led

I just upgrade firmware, but I notice that Wi-Fi (Air) led is turned all time off. Do you have any idea why? Do you have same problem?

What FW did you upgrade from? Did you reset to factory default BEFORE flashing? Maybe flash once more, set to factory default before.

For me 1.9.5.0 was working like charme, tho I still prefer Oleg's firmware for obvious reasons

Quote Originally Posted by TheEagle
    What FW did you upgrade from? Did you reset to factory default BEFORE flashing? Maybe flash once more, set to factory default before.

For me 1.9.5.0 was working like charme, tho I still prefer Oleg's firmware for obvious reasons
    Thanks for quick answer. I was upgrading from 1.9.4.0 in which the led was blinking on Wi-Fi access.
    No, I didn't reset it to factory setting, am I? What is the reason?

same probleme here no Air led after upgrade !

Quote Originally Posted by starzykp
    Thanks for quick answer. I was upgrading from 1.9.4.0 in which the led was blinking on Wi-Fi access.
    No, I didn't reset it to factory setting, am I? What is the reason?
    All I can tell you is that I already had different problems when I didn't reset to factory defaults BEFORE flashing, even a not booting router. I'd give it a try ... save your settings before that, so if it's not better after setting to factory default and re-flashing 1.9.5.0, u can simply reload them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEagle
    All I can tell you is that I already had different problems when I didn't reset to factory defaults BEFORE flashing, even a not booting router. I'd give it a try ... save your settings before that, so if it's not better after setting to factory default and re-flashing 1.9.5.0, u can simply reload them.
    Thanks, but is still not working. I reset it to default upgrade it, but no luck :-( So, I downgrade to 1.9.4.0 and everything works great. 1.9.5.0 is not for me.

After an electricity cut, wireless led work again :strange:

Quote Originally Posted by donzee
    After an electricity cut, wireless led work again
    I made some similar observations:

1. Switching radio (airless) off with web-interface, had no impact on the
    AIR LED until i executed a power-on reset.

2. The device has no power-on switch.
    Reconnecting to power supply often ends up in a non-determinictic
    state (? PWR LED off, LAN+WAN LED on).

Maybe the WL500gx is very sensitive to run of the voltage curve
    during power on. Another reason might be my Siemens E-010-I ASDL modem
    connected to WAN port. It is quite power consumptive and might suck off
    to much energie during start up.

Question CDMA on WL500G Deluxe

Hello,
    I bought an WL500G Deluxe

to use with my USB EVDO modem z010 (www.zapp.pt)
    and with my USB Printer (this one has 2 USB ports :-), it work on the ethernet 10/100, for now. But...

I see that one must compile or build a (Linux distro?) version from the GPL code to enable the CDMA (English) for thw Deluxe version.
    I have no skills for this.
    Any chance of an help to WL500g Deluxe and CDMA needed owners ?

help

Hi, i need help, because i don't know how I setup the download policy. I will limit ports between 1 to 65536 and I don't know how i enter the ports.

Sorry for my English, because I'm from czech republic and I study English only 3 Months.
    Thanks DarkKNight

ad CDMA support:
    Look at http://koppel.cz/cdmawifi and there is fully supported CDMA firmware (1.61) based on Oleg's 1.9.2.7-6b firmware. It's working with z010 modem.

Question Mac & Ttl

Hi, can I change MAC adress on wireless interface? With current firmware I can only on WAN interface?
    And can I setting asus by don't change TTL of thorough packets? Need I special modified firmware?

I need secrete net (home LAN) behind asus500gx to my WiFi ISP. Thank's for help.

Difference

I noticed a big difference between this firmware and the Oleg firmware.
    The difference is in the strength of the wireless signal. As I noticed this firmware has an updated wireless driver.

My question is when does the oleg firmware comes available with this 1.9.5.0 firmware. Because I want to use the SAMBA config.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast