Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1.9.5.0 Firmware on asus site

1.9.5.0 Firmware on asus site

Yesterday I downloaded the firmware source of the new 1.9.5.0 of the asus website. Today the link on the asus site was removed..

The zip file contains a .GPL file.. The file is about 500MB large, but I can't do anything with it..

Does someone have a usable 1.9.5.0 version?

just gunzip it. I have downloaded a usable version

I'm confused..

C:\>gunzip -d -S .zip GPL_1950.zip returns the same .GPL file as winrar..

C:\>gunzip -d -S .gpl GPL_1950.gpl
    Returns:
    gunzip: GPL_1950.gpl: not in gzip format

What am I doing wrong?

Perhaps this .gpl extension is in reality a .tar? Try rename the file and/or use 7zip (freeware)

Ok, that seemd to work...

But no I have a map called Broadcom... With 500 MB of linux tools... and sources..

If someone would be so kind to post a compiled version of 1.9.5.0.. I would be glad to make a mirror of it...
    Last edited by sandoval; 20-09-2005 at 10:43.

I just downloaded it and Winzip will work with it if the extension is renamed .tar.gz. Viewing the files in the archive by date, most recent first, shows there is a file WL500gx_1.9.5.0_EN_CDMA.trx size 3.747Mbyte.
    Anybody game enough to try it on their Asus?
    Edit: Correction there are many .trx files in the subdirectory broadcom/src/router/mipsel-uclibc/ all dated 31/08/2005
    Last edited by WVR; 19-09-2005 at 16:14.

Quote Originally Posted by WVR
    I just downloaded it and Winzip will work with it if the extension is renamed .tar.gz. Viewing the files in the archive by date, most recent first, shows there is a file WL500gx_1.9.5.0_EN_CDMA.trx size 3.747Mbyte.
    Anybody game enough to try it on their Asus?
    Edit: Correction there are many .trx files in the subdirectory broadcom/src/router/mipsel-uclibc/ all dated 31/08/2005
    Actually, the file to load appears to be WL500gx_1.9.5.0_EN.trx (no "_CDMA"). I have loaded this, and it appears to be a stable release (so far), but I have not noticed any new features.

Actualy the Guest account for wireless that was in 1946 was removed in the 1950 version..

The WL500gx_1.9.5.0_EN.trx worked fine on my router... To bad I could not find a change log, and it appears to be not that differtent from the 1946 release...

Quote Originally Posted by sandoval
    ..The WL500gx_1.9.5.0_EN.trx worked fine on my router... Too bad I could not find a change log, and it appears to be not that different from the 1946 release...
    Me too. It works, but I don't know why I should use it.
    The linux kernel still seems to be 2.4.20
    Edit: Is it the case that this is just the final release candidate after several 1.9 beta releases? so there are no real changes since the last beta...
    Last edited by WVR; 21-09-2005 at 16:04.

That could be, all the other firmware releases are marked as *BETA* this release isn't marked as *BETA*, but it isn't marked as final either..

The Asus wl500G is a perfect product, to bad that the rest isn't as perfect as for example Linksys wrt54g.. that has a included change log and everyting..

I hope that Asus works on that some more, I would consider replacing al my WRT54Gs with Wl500GDs if the firmware releases where better documented..

Actualy the Guest account for wireless that was in 1946 was removed in the 1950 version..

The WL500gx_1.9.5.0_EN.trx worked fine on my router... To bad I could not find a change log, and it appears to be not that differtent from the 1946 release...
    I was never able to get the guest account to work. I was able to configure it, but I was never able to connect using it.

Quote Originally Posted by visortgw
    I was never able to get the guest account to work. I was able to configure it, but I was never able to connect using it.
    Yes, idd. It seemed to be an empty feature... This is the reason I would like some better documentation on Asus side...

Quote Originally Posted by visortgw
    I have tested the Guest Account feature on 1.9.4.6 and worked fine for me !?

the guest account was seperated on another subnet and another interface at the router and was not able to reach the routers config page nor the internal network

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Asus released the official beta today...

Description WL-500gDeluxe English Firmware Version, version 1.9.5.0
    1. Remove console message
    2. Fix Table editing bugs
    3. Update wireless driver
    4. Update et driver
    5. Support CDMA in English Version

http://dlsvr02.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wir...50_EN_CDMA.zip

Asus released the official beta today...
    Thats the same as was in the GPL release on September 2nd.
    CDMA build no good for UK anyway.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast