Thread: How about a coordinated WL700g mass order?

How about a coordinated WL700g mass order?

Hi,

I love you dearly for fixing my WL500g after all this time, I really do. The latest firmware finally fixed that the WAN port dies, it seems, and I can really enjoy my WLAN/DSL router fully for the first time.

But as alot of others I am of course very intimidated by the new WL700g model, especially by the new processor that will be more powerful than the WL500g one, and thus hopefully give a better LAN connectivity. Like with the WL500g, I'd like to order the WL700g as soon as it is available, and I guess I'm not alone with that.

Do you think we can get a better deal if we order those units as a whole, to get a volume discount? And maybe even somebody has some close ties to Asus here, which could provide an even better deal. This is just a spontaneous idea of mine, but if there is enough resonance then I think it would turn out to be of advantage to all of us.

Thanks for your input.

Coordinating a combined international mass order seems a very difficult task to me.

One has to be aware of the various import taxes, shipment costs, etc. Also payment should be upfront delivery so the middleman has to be very dependable ...I'm not putting my EUR 150,-- without hesitation into another one's pocket and hope the WL-700g is coming my way one day.

Apart from the above, I'm definately buying myself one of these and having a discount is allways nice...

In the Netherlands we have a website which specializes in mass order projects, so those who live in the Netherlands/Belgium/Germany and possibly Europe as a whole could benefit from that.
    Last edited by Styno; 05-09-2005 at 16:08.

Ok, that's a good hint you gave there. I've seen these kind of sites already some years ago, but haven't used them so far. Regarding the one you mentioned, is it possible to change the language to english or german? Because I can understand alot of dutch words since they're similar to german, but I'd be happier if I could read them in a lanuage that I really learnt to speak...

Unfortunately there is no such option, but I guess with a little help you could participate on that website when some dutch speaking/reading/writing person opens a mass order topic on that website?

In that case the website offers a lot of tools for setting things up, but the Asus contact and discount needs also to be aranged.

Perhaps our dear Antiloop has those contacts?! Otherwise, contacting the European distributor would be an option too.

Quote Originally Posted by Styno
    Unfortunately there is no such option, but I guess with a little help you could participate on that website when some dutch speaking/reading/writing person opens a mass order topic on that website?

In that case the website offers a lot of tools for setting things up, but the Asus contact and discount needs also to be aranged.

Perhaps our dear Antiloop has those contacts?! Otherwise, contacting the European distributor would be an option too.
    afaik it's still only possible to purchase from distri's

in holland there a 5 authorized distri's:

Quote Components
    BAS Computers
    McDOS International
    Actebis
    ISL (think they are getting kicked out.. their products are minimal and they suck..)

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

I'm looking for a wl700g in germany.

Does anybody know, when asus will deliver the first units?

Does anybody know, whick online shop in germany could the first, which can offer the unit?

What will it cost?
    WL-500gP => 1.9.2.7-7g (2007-04-06)
    Running: thttpd, php 5.1, vsftp, rrdtool

http://onlinefussballmanager.de/userbar/0/53647.png

Quote Originally Posted by Styno
    Coordinating a combined international mass order seems a very difficult task to me.

One has to be aware of the various import taxes, shipment costs, etc. Also payment should be upfront delivery so the middleman has to be very dependable ...I'm not putting my EUR 150,-- without hesitation into another one's pocket and hope the WL-700g is coming my way one day.

Apart from the above, I'm definately buying myself one of these and having a discount is allways nice...

In the Netherlands we have a website which specializes in mass order projects, so those who live in the Netherlands/Belgium/Germany and possibly Europe as a whole could benefit from that.
    Im living in the netherlands too

I'll hope they're going to sell it at MyCOM! Or Vobis..

Styno: Use the edit button next time please...
    Last edited by Styno; 03-11-2005 at 16:14.