Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [uPnP] Problem with uPnP, adding forward: router stops forwarding

Red face how to remove UPNP routing rules?

Hi,

I've enabled upnp on my router so when I started a piece of software on one of my pc's it automatically set a port-forwarding rule in my WL500g.

But now I want to remove this rule in my router. I've disabled Upnp but the rule is still in the "port forwarding" - list.

How do I remove this???

I use firmware 1.9.2.7.

Everything else works perfect!!!
    Last edited by i-beast-a; 17-12-2004 at 08:44.

no one who can help???

Hi

I dont use upnp so i habe none of this leftover rules, but i read asus now saves upnp into nvram for next boot. Possible that they dont remove this if you deactivate upnp from the Web (Oleg ? ).

I think, you can a: Reset to defaults and set it up again, b: use new 1.9.2.7-1 custom FW and delete the nvram parameters by hand.

I looked into my nv space.
    do a
    Code:
    nvram show | grep vts_
    on the telnet console, this should show you all saved routing rules, for me my self defindet, and hopefully also your upnp-addet ones. you can then carefully delete all entrys which have the number of the rule you want to remove, eg. all which ends with "X3" (use the number here you want).

Example:
    Code:
    vts_port_x0=49152
    vts_protono_x0=
    vts_desc_x0=Bittorrent
    vts_proto_x0=BOTH
    vts_ipaddr_x0=192.168.1.10
    See nvram commands how to do this.

Greets
    Last edited by WlanMan; 19-12-2004 at 15:19.
    My Stuff: WL-500g, Mapower H31x 10GB HD, Philips Webcam Vesta PRO, TerraTec Webcam PRO, USB Hub

thanx for the reply!

starting all over from scratch was ofcourse also the option that I kept in mind

I will go over to the modified firmware because there is a real bug in this one.

My router completely resets after 10 minutes of web-radio.....
    The rest of this firmware is fine.

greatingz from holland...

@Wlanman:
    I've switched over to the custom firmware without removing the settings. Also the Upnp port forwarding is still there.

But if I log in with telnet, I only see the rules that I've made myself!

The rules that are generated by upnp are not in this list

any advice?????????

Weird router behaviour after a firmware upgrade is mostly caused by improper upgrading.

You might want to try to 'reset to defaults' by pressing the button on the back for more then 10 seconds while the power is still applied to the router. After this reset you need to fill in the configuration again WITHOUT uploading an old configuration file. You need to do it through the webinterface by hand.

Most likely the router reset and uPnP problems will be over after you've done this.

Hi,

I've done all that!
    everything worked fine until I installed software on my pc which opened a port via Upnp. This worked fine but now i want to remove these rules again.

So it has nothing to do with upgrading......

How do I remove rules that are automatically created by upnp???

Resetting and starting all over is ofcourse possible.....but that is the easy way

Disable upnp and reboot your router.

that is exactly the problem!

I've disabled upnp and restarted....but the rules are still there!

So, do it again: Restore factory defaults and set your settings again. This time disable UPnP too BEFORE you start the app in Windows.

MSN, Video, Upnp & wl500g

Hi, I runnig wl500g behind a adsl modem (Netopia 3351) from my ISP. Both devices has UPnP enabled, and when I connect directly to my adsl modem I can start a video chat session. But when I plug in my wl500g I cant get it to work. I have tried to put my pc in dmz but with no luck. I run iptraf and can see that there is some hectic tcp activity with some MS servers, and at one point I could actually see some UDP pacets from my buddy to my pc. But today I can't even get that.

Any ideas? Need more info? All help appreciated!

Sjur

PS: Running Oleg FW 1.9.2.8c CR3

Sounds like you have "double nating". Do you really need that? Set the Netopia router in bridge mode and let the ASUS handle the firewalling.
    MrMagu, Oslo, Norway

Ok, so how do I do that? My ISP is nextgentel and my adsl modem is Netopia 3351 (fw 8.3.3r1). I have found a setting in the adsl modem that says Put device in bridge mode. I guess that is what I should try. But after I do that nothing works, and I can't connect to the modem and have to reset it. So I guess I need to configure wl500g a bit too? What should the WAN setting be for the router? And how do I get the IP and routing info? I have dynamic IP.

As I share my connection with some neighbours I can't mess around with it to much, so hopefully I can get some answers here before I try again..

Sjur

Check Nextgentel support pages? You can't be the only one with this problem.

Or try this:
    http://www.satszene.ch/hb9dww/echoli...03341-3351.htm

Disclaimer: I neither have Netopia router or Nextgentel.
    MrMagu, Oslo, Norway

Sigh. I was kinda hoping you had NGT.. You being Norwegian and all.. OH well. But what I am really more interested in is if I need to make any changes in my wl500g? What should the WAN settings be? Still automatic ip? As there probably isn't anyone with my exact problem, maybe someone can make a qualified guess?

Sjur

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast