Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sony PSP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sony PSP

Hi Guys!

Can anybody configured successfully Sony PSP (v2.00) WPA-PSK (TKIP) with WL-500g (v1.9.2.7)? Please tell me how?
    Wireless mode: 802.11B Only
    Authentication method WPA-PSK
    WPA Encryption: TKIP
    WPA Pre-Shared Key: xxxxx ))
    WEP Encryption: none
    MAC Access Mode: Disable

Sympthome on PSP: step 1: Connecting to access point
    step 2: Exchanging key information
    step 3: goto step 1

Many thx!
    D.

are you sure it's the right key?

If Sony PSP's input field "WPA Key" same as the WL-500g's WPA Pre-Shared Key, then yes, i'm sure!

Another problem: I configured PSP to WEP authentication method. The connection has established with the router, but not obtained IP address from DHCP server.
    The PSP is display the following message: "Obtaining IP address...", and wait, and wait, and wait... At finally: "A connection error has occurred. The attempt to obtain the IP address timed out."

Try to use a static IP Adress.
    WL-500gP => 1.9.2.7-7g (2007-04-06)
    Running: thttpd, php 5.1, vsftp, rrdtool

http://onlinefussballmanager.de/userbar/0/53647.png

I tried. Doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Derfel
    If Sony PSP's input field "WPA Key" same as the WL-500g's WPA Pre-Shared Key, then yes, i'm sure!

Another problem: I configured PSP to WEP authentication method. The connection has established with the router, but not obtained IP address from DHCP server.
    The PSP is display the following message: "Obtaining IP address...", and wait, and wait, and wait... At finally: "A connection error has occurred. The attempt to obtain the IP address timed out."
    Have you used HEX WEP key?

Yes, i used hexadecimal (26 charaters long) WEP key.

Hm... Do you've wl500g running in home gateway mode with dhcp server enabled?

Yes, I can
    I think your problem is that
    setting of "Authentication Methods" is wrong,
    you must set it "Open System or Shared Key"

Grrr! What device's firmware is wrong? I tried older WL-500g firmwares, but neither doesn't work with PSP with any secured connection settings, only with open system mode.

11. I've got the same problems. I've tried everyting but the PSP won't work with the WL-500g security.

Quote Originally Posted by FF1987
    I've got the same problems. I've tried everyting but the PSP won't work with the WL-500g security.
    I had the similar problem getting USRobotics 9106 AP to play with wl500gx
    It seems getting different vendors wireless products to talk to each other can be a big problem.

Hm. I methought the WiFi communication is standard...

Sony PSP and WL-HDD (and shoutcast) combo

1. anyone using this setup? im planning to get a wl-hdd and im just wondering if the wl-hdd can stream mp3s to PSP? the PSPis capable of playing internet radio from shoutcast servers. is there a shoutcast server for wl-hdd?

2. another thing is, based on what i have read so far, wl-hdd can become mp3 player by plugging a USB-soundcard or usb-frm-transmitter in the usb port and can be controlled by a pc in the network. if it can be controlled thru a web browser, is it possible to use the PSP as a remote control thru the web browser built-in to the psp firmware 2.x?

i dont own a wl-hdd yet but planning to get one soon cause i have a toshiba 2.5 hdisk 80gb which im planning to fill-up mp3s and some files for sharing in my home network. thanks in advance.

Yes, I have a similiar setup and its running

I have a PSP wit PSPRadio and am streaming my personal audio files over from the wl-hdd. I searched in vain for a icecast.shoutcast server for wl-hdd, but then just ended using httpd to stream mp3 files over wl-hdd wifi and it seems to work just fine. Install the httpd ipk, put your mp3 files into the httpd www directory, start the service, and then edit your PSPRadio playlist file (stoed int he papradio playlist folder) to point to your wl-hdd ip and port and mp3 file. It will sream the mp3 to your PSPRadio nicely without the shoutcast server. I think eventually a dedicated shoutcast server would be better as it transmits a true stream with metadata info.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast