Thread: How to enable FTP from the network device?

How to enable FTP from the network device?

Hello!

I have WL500 gp with firmware 1.9.2.7-d-r2624. I have XTREAMER (a device that also allows to run FTP) pluged via LAN to the router. I runed the FTP server on XTREAMER and I can log on that FTP while I'm in local network using 192.168.1.186:21 address.

I tried to log onto FTP but it doesn't work. I tried port forwarding, but I always get message that it's imposible to connect FTP.

I found also a service called "NAT Setting \\ Virtual Server" on my router and I did a proper(?) setting for my FTP:
    Port Range Local IP Local Port Protocol Protocol No. Description
    20:21 192.168.1.186 21 BOTH - FTP

but when I try to log onto FTP I got the message "sever didn't respond". I'm not sure, if I did everything right, but to ensure my IP address, I go to the whatismyip.com website. Using the given address that it shows I try to log onto FTP with using port :21 and user data, but it always gives back message that is impossible to connect.

Please, if anyone can help me I wold be gratefull.

Regards!

easy solution: set your client to use an "active" way of connecting instead of "passive".
    Or you need to find out the other port the FTP server is using for allowing passive connections.

Furthermore: use the virtual server technique, but FTP is using TCP only, not both TCP and UDP

Quote Originally Posted by wpte View Post
    easy solution: set your client to use an "active" way of connecting instead of "passive".
    Or you need to find out the other port the FTP server is using for allowing passive connections.

Furthermore: use the virtual server technique, but FTP is using TCP only, not both TCP and UDP

Thnx. I'll try with that one.