Thread: spca5xx-v4l1goodbye + spca5xx-20060501.patch works

spca5xx-v4l1goodbye + spca5xx-20060501.patch works

Thanks to spca5xx-20060501.patch.tar.gz (see the first post) I got spca5xx working.

The binaries here didn't detect my cams. I applied the patch to files from spca5xx-v4l1goodbye.tar.gz, which is the last version which supports v4l1. The first chunk of the spca5xx.c patch failed, but that was ok because the lines printing sequence numbers don't exist in this version. I already had a Makefile so I didn't bother using that part of the patch. Here are the CFLAGS I used: -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fno-schedule-insns2 -fomit-frame-pointer -G 0 -mno-abicalls -fno-pic -pipe -mcpu=r4600 -mips2 -Wa,--trap -m4710a0kern -mlong-calls

I am using 1.2.9.7-10 Oleg's firmware. I tested with two different cams: Intel PC Camera Pro (0x733/0x430) and Pure Digital Dakota (0x04fc, 0xffff). I installed w3cam (note: also depends on libpng) and vidcat was able to produce good JPEG files from both cameras. I don't see any problems in dmesg output. I am attaching the module I used.

Update about client software:
    It's possible to run rcamd with camera type 1 (eg. rcamd -p 7777 -s 4 -z MET-1METDST,M3.5.0/2,M10.5.0/3 -a 0 -t 1 -r 0 -f 320x240 -m 100 -c 100). It works, but there's some occasional corruption. (I don't recommend running it however, because the Asus camera software sucks.) I had better results with w3camd (eg. run "w3camd -v -p 8999 -s 320x240 -h 192.168.1.1 -d /dev/video", connect to http://192.168.1.1:8999/image&stream in Firefox).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dreamlayers; 25-07-2009 at 15:30. Reason: Update about client software

Hi!
    Publish your Makefile plz.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamlayers View Post
    Thanks to spca5xx-20060501.patch.tar.gz (see the first post) I got spca5xx working.

The binaries here didn't detect my cams. I applied the patch to files from spca5xx-v4l1goodbye.tar.gz, which is the last version which supports v4l1. The first chunk of the spca5xx.c patch failed, but that was ok because the lines printing sequence numbers don't exist in this version. I already had a Makefile so I didn't bother using that part of the patch. Here are the CFLAGS I used: -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fno-schedule-insns2 -fomit-frame-pointer -G 0 -mno-abicalls -fno-pic -pipe -mcpu=r4600 -mips2 -Wa,--trap -m4710a0kern -mlong-calls

I am using 1.2.9.7-10 Oleg's firmware. I tested with two different cams: Intel PC Camera Pro (0x733/0x430) and Pure Digital Dakota (0x04fc, 0xffff). I installed w3cam (note: also depends on libpng) and vidcat was able to produce good JPEG files from both cameras. I don't see any problems in dmesg output. I am attaching the module I used.

Update about client software:
    It's possible to run rcamd with camera type 1 (eg. rcamd -p 7777 -s 4 -z MET-1METDST,M3.5.0/2,M10.5.0/3 -a 0 -t 1 -r 0 -f 320x240 -m 100 -c 100). It works, but there's some occasional corruption. (I don't recommend running it however, because the Asus camera software sucks.) I had better results with w3camd (eg. run "w3camd -v -p 8999 -s 320x240 -h 192.168.1.1 -d /dev/video", connect to http://192.168.1.1:8999/image&stream in Firefox).

Quote Originally Posted by KotXXX View Post
    Hi!
    Publish your Makefile plz.
    Here is the exact Makefile I used. I cut out the Linux 2.6 section. Verify that the KINCLUDE variable points to the correct place on your system, ensure that the kernel has been configured, and ensure that mipsel-linux-gcc and mipsel-linux-ld are in your PATH. I compiled this in Cygwin; I think it should also work in Linux. Sorry about the mess; I didn't intend to distribute the Makefile, I just wanted to compile a working module.

Quote Originally Posted by polius View Post
    Can you help me? How I can upload spca5xx.o to WL-500?
    Oleg's firmware comes with a very basic BusyBox wget command (/usr/bin/wget). You can also install the full version of wget via ipkg. I have a web server on my computer and I get files from there. If you have no external storage, you can put files into the ramfs filesystem which is mounted at /tmp.

Hi. I managed to compile the newest SPCA5xx LE (Light) for modified version of Oleg's firmware from http://code.google.com/p/wl500g/ . For me it is necessary to load usb-uhci.o module first, without it Router does not see attached camera (Creative WebCam Instant). UHCI module is available in package from http://wl500g.googlecode.com/files/m....7-d-r1000.tgz . I also discovered very good streaming daemon- MJPEG-Streamer.

dd-wrt question

Quote Originally Posted by maslokm View Post
    Hi. I managed to compile the newest SPCA5xx LE (Light) for modified version of Oleg's firmware from http://code.google.com/p/wl500g/ . For me it is necessary to load usb-uhci.o module first, without it Router does not see attached camera (Creative WebCam Instant). UHCI module is available in package from http://wl500g.googlecode.com/files/m....7-d-r1000.tgz . I also discovered very good streaming daemon- MJPEG-Streamer.
    maslokm, so far your compile of the spca5xx-le driver is the only one i've been able to get anywhere with on dd-wrt with my Labtec webcam pro cameras. The module starts up and identifies the cameras properly (none of the other versions of the spca5xx module I've tried from dd-wrt builds, oleg, or other openwrt sources identify my cameras), but whenever I try to run a program (I've tried spcacat and mjpg_streamer) the programs report "ERROR opening V4L interface". Any ideas what my problem might be?

kernel 2.6.22FW upgrade - no Webcam support?

Hi,

since my latest upgrade to WL500gp-1.9.2.7-rtn-r3497.trx -from 1927_10FW for 3G modem support- my Philips and Logitech webcams are not working anymore.
    I used them together with the palantir SW. Also the Oleg integrated Webcam application does not work anymore and seems to support only uvcvideo driver compatible webcams.

Does anyone have the status on this and which usb webcams are finally supported if at all?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by dyonisos View Post
    Hi,

since my latest upgrade to WL500gp-1.9.2.7-rtn-r3497.trx -from 1927_10FW for 3G modem support- my Philips and Logitech webcams are not working anymore.
    I used them together with the palantir SW. Also the Oleg integrated Webcam application does not work anymore and seems to support only uvcvideo driver compatible webcams.

Does anyone have the status on this and which usb webcams are finally supported if at all?

Thanks in advance!
    Have a closer look for supported webcams: http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=63
    Maybe you can find some howtos about other webcams.
    Alle HowTo's, all howto's

RT-N16 1.9.2.7-rtn-r3121, Samba, VSFTP, Lightthpd, PHP, Perl, MySQL, Serendipity, Aria2web, HDD 640GB
    RT-N66U, 16GB MicroSD/ 2 Partitions, 2,5" HDD 1TB, running with Merlin's FW and Entware, 16 Mbit A1,
    Netgear DGND 3700V2, QNAP TS119PII 4 TB, QNAP TS209 2 TB Raid1, Backup Synology DS107+ 1 TB, HP CP1515n

spca5xx-v4l1goodbye cant install

I have logitech c210 UVC camera but I have WL500gp-1.9.2.7-d-r4257 with 2.4 kernel. Camera is not recognized,

hub.c: new USB device 01:03.2-2, assigned address 3
    usb.c: USB device 3 (vend/prod 0x46d/0x819) is not claimed by any active driver.
    pwc Philips webcam module version 9.0.2 loaded

tried to install spca5xx-v4l1goodbye:
    make install , and got this:

grep: /lib/modules/2.4.37.11/build/include/linux/autoconf.h: No such file or directory
    grep: /lib/modules/2.4.37.11/build/include/linux/autoconf.h: No such file or directory
    Compiling drivers/usb/spcadecoder.c
    /bin/sh: gcc: not found
    make: *** [drivers/usb/spcadecoder.o] Error 127

can you help me with this please?

with 2.6 kernel its automatically recognized.

2.6 + C210 = WORKING