Hey guys,

This is my first post .
Fist of all I want to tell you that I've googled, search on the forum, tried a lot of things, but none worked, so this is why I'm here, writing this.
A friend of mine gave me a WL-500gP.
He told me that I must reset it because he doesn't remember the login infos. OK, so I used the black button TO RESET IT! I hold down the button for 5 secs, the leds started to blink so I released it. After reboot, I accessed the quick wizard/setup and followed the wizard with the rest of the setup. I pressed the final OK and rebooted. After the reboot, SURPRISE: it was blank again , as I just reset it. So I went again and gave it the settings. After the 2nd final OK/reboot, it hadn't allocated any IP. So I went to reset it again, but this time I hold the reset button for 10-15 seconds (was a bad thing?), but nothing happened. No reset.
I gave it back to my friend, who was VERY ANGRY, and he set it to restore mode (I learned how to do it myself). Then I followed this:
Set the PC to have a static IP address of 192.168.1.10, subnet: 255.255.255.0 gateway: 192.168.1.1 primary dns: 192.168.1.1. Turn off your firewall.
Before you plug the power connector in, press and hold the Restore or Reset button on the back.
While holding the reset button, plug the power connector in.
This causes it to go into Restore mode. This is indicated by the PWR LED flashing at regular intervals.
Now use the Asus Firmware Restoration Tool and upload wl500g-clear-nvram.trx. Wait until upload is complete and it reboots. This is usually takes about 2 to 3 minutes.
Once done, unplug the power connector. Wait for 30 seconds or so.
But nothing! I cannot find any IP with the Device Discovery, and if I just press upload on the firmware, it will not pass ' Please wait for finding available IP Addresses' or something like that.
I've downloaded the Vista64 version of the application, since I run Windows 8. I tried with 7, XP compatibility, but nothing is working.

What am I doing wrong, or what else can I do?

BIG Thanks,

Andrei