Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PWC 9.0.2 + Ov51x 2.17 Firmware release (experimental)?

Exclamation PWC 9.0.2 + Ov51x 2.27 Firmware release (experimental)?

Hi all

So youre a lazy bones like me and dont want to get an headhache trying to setup your pwc webcam to get those 640x480 pics?
    Try my latest firmware -> http://www.ruc.pt/~seabra/WL500g-1.9.2.7-6b-seabra.trx

Its based on Olegs firmware with some minor modifications and small hacks to make "hi-res" :-) work.
    It uses pwc 9.0.2.

Ill try to release the source code ASAP...Upload speed limitations ... :-)

Enjoy!

Joćo Seabra

Update: Ive updated ov511/18 drivers to 2.27 which is the latest stable release.
    Probably you wont get color with ov518 cameras but this is a beta release :-) , so beta-testers or one ov51x camera are needed
    For some strange reason i dont have i2c-core.o in Olegs latest firmware image so i decided to put it there.
    Please drop a line here.

Here you can get the pwc-9.0.2 patch and pwc 9.0.2.-> http://www.ruc.pt/~seabra/pwc-9.0.2-patch.tar.bz2
    Please use the firmware since this patches might break your source tree...
    Last edited by jseabra; 14-07-2005 at 17:21. Reason: +ov51x 2.27 + pwc patch

Nice. It makes sense to release patches against my sources, so I could review them and apply.

Hi jseabra

This is avery nice work, i will try your image now, afterall i dont have a philips cam any more.
    I wanted to ask you two things:

- Why dont you use the Version 10 Drivers, are they still so unstable ?

- Can you be so kind and put the updated OV51x Driver into your image next time, since the actual one breakes my Terracam. I would do it myself, but at the moment my linux system is out of order with a harddrive crash (that“s when you use parts from the junkjard ).

Greets, Wlanman
    My Stuff: WL-500g, Mapower H31x 10GB HD, Philips Webcam Vesta PRO, TerraTec Webcam PRO, USB Hub

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg
    Nice. It makes sense to release patches against my sources, so I could review them and apply.
    Im having some troubles creating the patch
    For some reason not only im getting the stuff i changed as other stuff that i havent changed.

And since there are ov51x driver update requests which I dont mind to do, I would send the complete pack.

---

Done
    The package only includes pwc patches since I dont know if ov drivers are working...
    Last edited by jseabra; 14-07-2005 at 15:46.
    Asus Wl500g + Homebrew bi-quad antenna + 80 G 3.5" seagate H.D + Philips ToUCam II - 1.9.2.7-6b-seabra

Hi WlanMan

Thank you for your kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by WlanMan

- Why dont you use the Version 10 Drivers, are they still so unstable ?
    Mainly because 9.0.2 drivers were the latest that i found working with 2.4 kernels.AFAIK 10.x require 2.6 kernel and theres no patch available for 2.4.

- Can you be so kind and put the updated OV51x Driver into your image next time, since the actual one breakes my Terracam
    Ill see what i can do.No promises
    Do you mind being a beta-tester since i dont own ov511 camera?

I would do it myself, but at the moment my linux system is out of order with a harddrive crash (that“s when you use parts from the junkjard ).
    I now what you're talking about

Kind Regards,

Joćo Seabra
    Last edited by jseabra; 14-07-2005 at 14:21.
    Asus Wl500g + Homebrew bi-quad antenna + 80 G 3.5" seagate H.D + Philips ToUCam II - 1.9.2.7-6b-seabra

Hi

I have now flashed your image, and it seems you habe allready updatet the ov51x driver to 2.27 ?! Nice ...
    As you see, the driver now does“n detect the cmos sensor in the cam, wereas the older driver didn“t gave any error. I will see what“s going wrong, the Terracam pro usb should be supported since ages from the drivers...
    Will check this and report later. Thx

usb.c: registered new driver ov511
    ov511_core.c: USB OV518+ video device found
    ov511_core.c: Device revision 0
    ov511_core.c: Compression required with OV518...enabling
    i2c-core.o: adapter OV51x registered as adapter 0.
    ov511_core.c: Device at usb-00:04.0-1 registered to minor 0
    ov511_core.c: v2.27 : ov511 USB Camera Driver
    ov511_core.c: No sensor is detected yet
    ov51x 40236 0
    ov518_decomp 19352 0 [ov51x]
    ov511_decomp 10736 0 [ov51x]
    i2c-core 15792 0 [ov51x]
    videodev 8304 1 [ov51x]
    ----

Ok, seems there is a issing module which has to be loaded before the camera driver itself which seems to carry the video sensor definitions ...
    Quote Originally Posted by From the Web:
    I have a D-Link USB webcam. After plugging it on my Mandrake 9.2 it was automatically discovered as a "generic camera", and the ov511 driver was assigned (as /var/log/messages stated).

During a test with the GnomeMeeting wizard, /var/log/messages showed: ov511_core.c: No sensor is detected yet

I had to modprobe a hitherto competely unmentioned module called "ovcamchip" and it was then able to find the sensor. Found this out by reading the ov511 download page (http://alpha.dyndns.org/ov511/download.html).

With this sub-driver loaded, the webcam works ok. Alexandre Aractingi 12 Feb 2004
    This file isn“t under /lib/modules/...

Greets Wlanman
    Last edited by WlanMan; 14-07-2005 at 15:11.
    My Stuff: WL-500g, Mapower H31x 10GB HD, Philips Webcam Vesta PRO, TerraTec Webcam PRO, USB Hub

There are other drivers in ov51x source code tree.
    If you want I can post the here and you can try to insmod them...

Could you please try to insmod the attached file?
    Regards
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yep, now its working. You have a new friend .
    ov511_core.c: No sensor is detected yet
    ovcamchip_core.c: v2.27 : OV camera chip I2C driver
    i2c-core.o: driver i2c ovcamchip driver registered.
    ovcamchip_core.c: Camera chip is an OV7620AE
    i2c-core.o: client [OV7620] registered to adapter [OV51x #0](pos. 0).
    Capture works with firmware-own software, in color and up to 640x480 (still seems upsampled, dont know native sensor resoltion).
    Hair attack atached

P.s: What“s your selfmade biquad design ? copperplate or cdrom type reflector ? i am interrested in this *g*. I read you have a toucam2 from philips, at least some of these devices have ov511 chips, what is yours ?

Mfg Wlanman
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by WlanMan; 14-07-2005 at 16:17.

Yep, now its working. You have a new friend .
    In the latest firmware everything should br working fine...

P.s: What“s your selfmade biquad design ? copperplate or cdrom type reflector ? i am interrested in this *g*. I read you have a toucam2 from philips, at least some of these devices have ov511 chips, what is yours ?
    This is a little bit off-topic but take a look at the pic attached.
    My toucam II uses PWC driver.Its PCVC830K

Patches could not applied as is. There should not be binaries, instead they should be build from sources and pwc should still support resolution other than 640x480 (as for now you've removed other resolutions).
    Please update if you're interested in this.

Patches could not applied as is. There should not be binaries, instead they should be build from sources
    Okay.Ill submit a clean patch.
    and pwc should still support resolution other than 640x480 (as for now you've removed other resolutions).
    Please update if you're interested in this.
    As far as i can remember I havent removed the options.Probably something is broken and they“re not working...I will check that out ASAP.
    Thanks alot!

--
    Update: Im going out this and next week so you will have to wait a little bit longer

Joćo Seabra
    Last edited by jseabra; 15-07-2005 at 02:23.

No go with pan and tilt

I just tried your pwc and pwcx modules from this thread and I get the same issue as with Toms pwc/pwcx drivers when using with a Logitech Orbit.....it ends up not identifying the pan and tilt features.

It does allow to capture the higher resolutions, however it breaks the pan and tilt feature.

Starting palantir with jseabra's drivers loaded, it states:

Jul 14 14:52:33 [video] Camera has no pan/tilt control

and when accessing the pan and tilt from the palantir java client i get the following from palantir's logs:

Jul 14 14:53:19 [video] PWCMPTSANGLE: Invalid argument

however all is well using the v8 pwc driver but lacking the higher resoltuions

thinking an option was excluded when you compiled this version.
    Edit/Delete Message

Nice hack! It works quite nice with my Philips ToUcam Pro. Framerate is acceptable, but there is a lag of a couple of seconds (using a wl500g).
    What annoyed me (although I'm really gratefull of your work sofar) was the fact that some pieces of texts seem distorted (see attachment...another charset?). I also had some navigation jams but I could not replicate them so perhaps it has nothing to do with your hacks.

Quote Originally Posted by wireless
    What annoyed me (although I'm really gratefull of your work sofar) was the fact that some pieces of texts seem distorted (see attachment...another charset?). I also had some navigation jams but I could not replicate them so perhaps it has nothing to do with your hacks.
    Ok.
    Ill fix that. Thanks for your report

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast