Thread: iPad printing on Network HP Printer via Asus Router

iPad printing on Network HP Printer via Asus Router

Hi,

I would like to know, if it is possible to print from an ipad, ipod or iphone through the internal AirPrint service to my HP Laserjet 4050T printer connected on my LAN with a internal network card via my Asus WL-500W router?

Presently I have enable the IPP Printing on my HP Printer network card (see the attached file)

Now my difficulty is, that the iPad2 recognize or detect the printer via the AirPrint service. I need to install something (p910nd or cups or ???) on the Asus that will make the link between the two. Am I right ?

Thanks

Eric
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by cyberic View Post
    Hi,

I would like to know, if it is possible to print from an ipad, ipod or iphone through the internal AirPrint service to my HP Laserjet 4050T printer connected on my LAN with a internal network card via my Asus WL-500W router?

Presently I have enable the IPP Printing on my HP Printer network card (see the attached file)

Now my difficulty is, that the iPad2 recognize or detect the printer via the AirPrint service. I need to install something (p910nd or cups or ???) on the Asus that will make the link between the two. Am I right ?

Thanks

Eric
    Trying to solve same problem, but with usb printer. On my linux(ubuntu) box I've done it with the help ov avahi, but on my wl500g I can't start avahi after 'ipkg install avahi' - it says 'Failed to find user 'avahi'' - can't find nor solution neither how-to, jet ... Cups or p910nd do not support AirPrint, as I know.