Thread: MySQL support

MySQL support

I know there are some simular questions on this forum, however it is awfully quit around them.

I wanted to use the wl500gx also as webserver for (i) storing my pictures (Gallery) and (ii) webcontent management system (e.g., Sambar), however without MySQL support this is not possible.

So, It would be cool to run a mysql server on the router. Are there people trying this? Or it would be nice to use an external MySQL server but then the php-mysql extension (available ipkg package) should be able to be installed. Currently there is an dependency error with the mysql package (which is not available). Are people working on this and what are the results. Does someone have tips?

afaik mySQL depends on libstdc++ which are not availables in the uClibc 0.9.19 used for Oleg's firmware.
    So don't expect mySQL support on wl500g until this is fixed / libs are availables.

JF

Owkee I can understand that. But why can't I reach external MySQL databases using PHP. I tried to install the php-mysql extention but this cannot install due to the dependencies with MySQL.

Tom

Unhappy sqli

I also wanted to get php-mysql working for wordpress blog system to work but now I try with sqlite which is available but i couldn't yet get the wordpress blog to work although there is patches available for sqlite

What content mgmt system you plan to install? Maybe there is one with sqlite support? If you get something working please tell me

Regards,
    Rainer

I wanted to use it for Gallery (photo management package). However, I saw that the 1.x versions doesn't need mysql database (v2 does). So I am going to try the 1.x version.

As content management system I was thinking of Mambo...
    www.mamboserver.com.

Tom