Thread: Win2K installation problems - WLAN Control Center crashes

Win2K installation problems - WLAN Control Center crashes

The ASUS WLAN Control Center application does not start correctly on my Windows 2000 professional laptop.

After installation of the Asus CD-ROM that came with my new WL-100g Deluxe, I booted my system before I placed the PCMCIA card in my laptop. (As described in the install guide). After login in again the PCMCIA card is placed in its slot and the ASUS WLAN Control Center software should start.
    However this crashed with the following errors.

ASUS Control Center:
    Access violation at address 77FCC2C in module 'ntdll.dll'. Write of address 38363324.

Error:
    An error occurred while starting the application. Close all other running programs, and try again. If that doesn't help, try rebooting your PC.

Center.exe - Application Error:
    The instruction at "0x77fc2c" referenced memory at "0x38363324". The memory could not be "written".
    Click on OK to terminate the program.

Center.exe - Application Error:
    The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000027) occurrec at location 0x7c5c1e94.
    Click on OK to terminate the program.

I tried to de-install the software and install the latest available software from ASUS, version 2.2.6.5 (d.d.2005/03/08update)
    All this did not solve the issue.
    Anyone a suggestion what may cause this strange crashing?

Thanks,
    Stefan
    The Netherlands (so answers or reactions may also be in Dutch)

First download newest drivers/utility from http://support.asus.com.tw

(so answers or reactions may also be in Dutch)
    they may not, use the dutch forum for dutch answers

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

I've already installed the latest available versions (2.2.6.5) from the Asus support site: http://support.asus.com.tw/download/...Language=en-us

So, this does not solve this crashing issue.

The good news is however that I've managed to get the 100gx card connecting with my wl500gx router. So, also without this WLAN Control Center software.

Can it be that I need to de-install my IPSec software, as this might give conflicts?

Thanks,
    Stefan

sorry can't help you further then, as you are running windows 2000.. take it as it is.. without wlan support..

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

I'm maybe stubborn to try to make this work, also on a Win2K pc. T me it looks a bit stupid why this software should not just work on a Win2K pc.

I made a Techinical Inquiry at the ASUS support site for this, so I hope they can explain/fix this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sawilla

I'm maybe stubborn to try to make this work, also on a Win2K pc. T me it looks a bit stupid why this software should not just work on a Win2K pc.

I made a Techinical Inquiry at the ASUS support site for this, so I hope they can explain/fix this issue.
    you are right about that, it just should work.. but I just never worked with Win2K and Wireless..

eventual you could try older utility, or try driver/utility from Linksys WMP54g v2 card or WPC54g (uses same chipset stuff)

Smile

As no response came from the ASUS helpdesk, I changed my WL100g-dlx for an internal MiniPCI card from Intel. (PRO/Wireless 2200BG) This work perfectly with my WL-500g dlx. So happy after all.