Thread: [ASUS-V1234] eject usbpart ...

Talking [ASUS-V1234] eject usbpart ...

Hi :-)

at the moment I'm using ASUS firmware V1.2.3.4 - I love this versionnumber -

I connect a cardreader 9in1 from HAMA to the usbport ... now sometime it is nessecary to only eject ONE card ... maybe there is a CF and SD inserted ... just eject SD ? how to do it ... web interface only supports ejecting all ...

... another problem is inserting a new media while reader is connected for example with one CF or no card ... inserting an extra card SD ... cardreader LEDs flashing (aktivity) but WLHDD does not recognize it in webinterface ... refresh does not make any change ... (YES it is not a browsers cache problem!)

What about this feature in olegs firmware? I could not remember how it is handled there!

Any hints?
    Martin

p.s.: I will try to implement single usbpart eject, if I read / analysed the sourcecode ... maybe I have time after 1st july ...

Hi Martin

I use the 1.9.2.7-6a on my WL-HDD.

I have a cheap card reader MultiSlot - Reader/Writer extern 12 in 1 USB 2.0.

With the orig. 1.2.3.4 i had the same probs.

1.9.2.7-6a seems to automount (autodismount) the cards (also my usbstick) correctly.

But! Be aware that you have to configure your box 5-6 h before everyting is as comfortable as in 1.2.3.4

But i also have to mention that the 1.9.2.7-6a is of course more powerful!

My Asus Collection (just starting):
    wl-hdd (1.9.2.7-6a, with HUB, USB-HDD, CARDREADER, CAM) Asus A3878GLP Notebook 15" Centrino 2,0 , 1024MB, 80GB, WLAN built-in, DVD+-RW

Talking Thanks ... but I do have some more questions ...

Hi fastclick,

yes I know ... I have tested Oleg version some times ago ... lucky to see the power of his FW ... but I like the good default config of Asus V1234 FW ... only some minutes to work after fw upgrade / reset ...

I have some problems with all these version numbers of asus and olegs fw ... wl-hdd ... wl?xxx fw ... here some question, hoping someone could reply an answer ...

- is there only one source tree for all asus wlan / router products in original and olegs firmware?

- Is Olegs software direct based on asus fw ... asus source + patches = olegs fw ? Based on which version? Where does the version number from oleg come from, compared to asus fw?

- the most problem is that I like to modify the default setting of both FW and create an individual fw image for me :-)

- maybe integrate some packages like torrent and music / video streaming (vlc of course) ...

Thanks very much
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Martin1802
    - is there only one source tree for all asus wlan / router products in original and olegs firmware?
    no, ASUS has two similar firmwares - one for WL-HDD and other for wl500g and friends.
    - Is Olegs software direct based on asus fw ... asus source + patches = olegs fw ? Based on which version? Where does the version number from oleg come from, compared to asus fw?
    yes, it's based on the wl500g firmware of the same base version, i.e. 1.9.2.7-6b is based on the 1.9.2.7.

Instructions on USB reader - and how to view

Can any of you tell me how you got your USB card reader to activate.Under Putty, I can see that it has mounted but I do not have a light on the WL-HDD

By the way I have the same firmware as you 1.9....

Also how are you viewing the drive...

I'm going nuts with this.........

Any help or direction would be appreciated..

Hi everybody,

I connected a 4 port USB hub to my WL500g, firmware 1.9.2.7-7c. Then I attached to it a memory stick and a card reader. How can i view in samba and in ftp both of the storage devices, and maybe more, considering that i can plug up to 4 cards in the card reader?