Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Firmware v1.9.2.7 CR6, updated to CR6a ... now CR6b [Oleg]

As for WAN port dies problem. At first: this is HW bug, don't know why ASUS does not contacted Broadcom yet. So, I recommend everyone experiencing reboots or WAN port dies problem to exchange wl500g with wl500g deluxe, but keep in mind, that wl500g deluxe is not equiped with LPT port. Also, most likely wl500g v2 should appear (don't know the real name), which is based on hw similar to wl500g deluxe, so no wan port dies problem should happen with it.

I was able to reproduce the problem (there're two possible states, which hw could enter, but this is really hard to detect). My unit never rebooted. It's extremely strange, that some of you are experiencing reboots. So, perhaps some of the units are really defective...

ONCE AGAIN: replace defective wl500g units, which are rebooting with ASUS 1.8.2.4/1.9.x.x firmwares or 1.9.2.7-6a, but working fine with 1.8.1.7-3. This is perhaps a hw bug, which I'm unable to workaround.

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg
    As for WAN port dies problem. At first: this is HW bug, don't know why ASUS does not contacted Broadcom yet. So, I recommend everyone experiencing reboots or WAN port dies problem to exchange wl500g with wl500g deluxe, but keep in mind, that wl500g deluxe is not equiped with LPT port. Also, most likely wl500g v2 should appear (don't know the real name), which is based on hw similar to wl500g deluxe, so no wan port dies problem should happen with it.

I was able to reproduce the problem (there're two possible states, which hw could enter, but this is really hard to detect). My unit never rebooted. It's extremely strange, that some of you are experiencing reboots. So, perhaps some of the units are really defective...

ONCE AGAIN: replace defective wl500g units, which are rebooting with ASUS 1.8.2.4/1.9.x.x firmwares or 1.9.2.7-6a, but working fine with 1.8.1.7-3. This is perhaps a hw bug, which I'm unable to workaround.
    I have asus WL-500g with firmware 1.9.2.7-6, and have no dissconnetion/reboot issues.

Downloaded big files movies, 4a5GB 4times without reboot and speed 1900KB/ps.

on Chello Extreme Cable

Quote Originally Posted by Devil-Strike
    Downloaded big files movies, 4a5GB..
    ..so you don't have the 2GB limit?

Quote Originally Posted by petgun
    ..so you don't have the 2GB limit?
    no 2GB limit all movies completes without loss/reboot router and with speed of 1900KB/ps.

and BTW uptime 2days total transfered 35GB

Quote Originally Posted by ManfredK2
    Just installed v1.9.2.7 CR6 on my WL-HDD. Files bigger than 2 GB are still invisible.
    Ok, problem identified. I have to recompile firmwares.

Ok, problem identified. I have to recompile firmwares.
    :-) Thank You! You made my day!

Ok, try using http://wl500g.dyndns.org/1.9.2.7-6a.1/ it should fix 2gb files problem with samba. Let me know if it works now.

Ok, try using http://wl500g.dyndns.org/1.9.2.7-6a.1/ it should fix 2gb files problem with samba. Let me know if it works now.
    sorry, I have no HD inside the WLHDD at the moment, so I cant test if the file limit is gone..but something other is totally broken with this test version..no network browsing, no NFS...please take a look.

thanks in advance,
    peter

sorry, I have no HD inside the WLHDD at the moment, so I cant test if the file limit is gone..but something other is totally broken with this test version..no network browsing, no NFS...please take a look.
    How did you test this without hdd? nfs/samba would not start without a storage device. what is network browsing?

ok, checked it (running right now). nfs works fine, smbd does not start. have to check on this.

..what is network browsing?
    in the Windows Network I dont see other Windows/Samba/CIFS shares...I reinstalled the WLHDD-1.9.2.7-6a and everthing is ok. I'm sure there is something wrong....I fit a USB-Stick and CIFS/NFS works with the 'old' version.

cu,
    peter

PS:
    ok, checked it (running right now). nfs works fine, smbd does not start. have to check on this.
    Thank You!
    Last edited by petgun; 21-06-2005 at 21:57.

Wink Intermittant wireless connection

Hello group. I got the wl-005g model ,2.4 board revision router this week,so I
    decided to flash it with v1.9.2.7 cr5a and everything appeared fine so I decided to flash with cr6a. I had disconnected leads and cables to enable a clean reboot prior to flashing, after it rebooted i noticed that the wireless connection was poor,dropping and intermittent. connection was reading good but speed was varying from 1 - 11 mb/s on a dell true mobile 1150 pc card
    I immediately suspected the firmware upgrade but only when i tried to adjust
    the antenna i noticed that this was effecting the connection. I squeezed the centre socket of the antennaes sma connector with a jewellers screwdriver and now the connection has been perfect since. What i really want to warn others is of a possible faulty antennae causing this type of fault and what a
    coincidence with this acting up when i done an update, must have effected
    it when i was removing the connections..I would also Just like to thank you for the great software..I`m a total linux novice and I`m really crawling through the tutorials. sorry for the long post but I hope that my problem may
    be of help to others..? regards Jelly

in the Windows Network I dont see other Windows/Samba/CIFS shares...I reinstalled the WLHDD-1.9.2.7-6a and everthing is ok. I'm sure there is something wrong....I fit a USB-Stick and CIFS/NFS works with the 'old' version.
    BTW, does original ASUS firmware for the WL-HDD supports large files?

BTW, does original ASUS firmware for the WL-HDD supports large files?
    no..but the last one I tested was 1.2.3.? it only works with JOCKYW2001 customized firmware.
    Last edited by petgun; 21-06-2005 at 23:35.

no..but the last one I tested was 1.2.3.? it only works with JOCKYW2001 customized firmware.
    Ok, try new version - http://wl500g.dyndns.org/1.9.2.7-6a.2/ - seems to be working now.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast