Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Firmware v1.9.2.7 CR6, updated to CR6a ... now CR6b [Oleg]

Quote Originally Posted by hejira
    Hi all,

Help... I've upgraded the unit to 1.9.2.7-6 recently but it didn't work properly (e.g. after the flashing process the router was offline and not available via telnet, the internet connection died frequently, ...). Finally I decided to go back to 5a which worked perfectly so far. But again the router was offline after flashing and not available via telnet. So I tried to reboot that thing manually but since then the power LED is blinking and the box remains totally inaccessible. Restore to factory defaults doesn't work either. So what could I do now??

Any help would be very appreciated...
    Same with me. just use the firmware restoration tool it comes on the with the asus utilyties on the cd. just choose your last working firmware and everythink work fine again.

@OLeg:
    5a running over 8 hours without reconnect -> ISP seems okay. Anything in 6a seems to cause some trouble in my 500g....

ciao,
    JBK

Quote Originally Posted by jbkerner
    I downgraded to ...5a again. Another point i´ve noticed is that downloads have been quiet slow and interupted with the ...6a. I´ve tested the same file with both versions and got full throughput only with ...5a. Could it be another wlan issue? I stay with 5a until tomorrow to see wether my disconnct problem continues with 5a....

ciao,
    JBK
    Yes, the speed of the WAN port is lowered by about 10% due to workaround. In fact, you could try using -6a with fixed port speed (try 100full) - this way workaround is disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by tristan
    Same with me. just use the firmware restoration tool it comes on the with the asus utilyties on the cd. just choose your last working firmware and everythink work fine again.
    Have you rebooted wl500g before flashing? Also, the safest way to flash is to use firmware restoration tool all the time.

First of all I want to thank all contributors, board members and Oleg for this great site. This site is one of the reasons why I left NetGear and embarked on Asus board.

I had upgraded from release 5a to 6a but since WAN interface behaved erratically I had to downgrade back to 5a.
    The WAN port is connected to an ISDN router over plain Ethernet 10Mbit/s. While on 6a webpages would load half way and it would take at least a couple of minutes before they opened completely. Email also stopped downloading after first few messages and it took 3 more minutes before it received the rest.
    To me it looks as if there is something not working on the WAN interface either related to media detection or traffic flow control.
    And surely the AP was rebooted before and after upgrades with no change in configuration settings.

Try using fixed speed - 10full or 10half depending on your modem capabilities.

Compatability with WL-500g Deluxe

Hi everyone, just wanted to say this is a great forum. At last I have found a router to meet all my needs and I can share my 500GB LA Cie drive. I had a nightmare finding a distributor in the UK but www.scan.co.uk came up trumps.

I have just purchased the 500g Deluxe and was wondering if this firmware is compatible as everyone seems to talk about the 500g only.

Many Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobermory
    I have just purchased the 500g Deluxe and was wondering if this firmware is compatible as everyone seems to talk about the 500g only.
    You'll want to grab the firmware labeled as 500gx.

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg
    Try using fixed speed - 10full or 10half depending on your modem capabilities.
    Thanks Oleg!
    Forcing WAN to 10Mbit full duplex fixed the problem. Perhaps Autodetection process is failing. When set to auto, ping to the 3Com ISDN modem came back in pairs- 2ms and 347ms. While fixed pings are 2 ms.

Just a side note- rather mystery to me- after upgrading from 5a to 6a the dropbear settings, keys and daemon startup in post-boot script are gone, which is to be expected I suppose? Downgrading to 5a and surprise- dropbear is up and configured with correct keys. The mystery part is that after downgrade to 5a wl500g remembers old dropbear environment and settings including keys. How is this possible?
    Well since then I upgraded back to 6a and configured dropbear with new keys and all is well.

URL Filter.

Im just started to test this new firmware and i detect that there is no link to the URL Filter Page in Web Interface mode.

The only way to get into this page is selecting apply in the previous page.

PS: Well my WL500g model it seems to be the same has Int and hes having reset issue, like i said i just started to test... so if i get the same problem i will report here. Thanks
    Last edited by Tomekk; 21-06-2005 at 00:53.
    Using WL500g - firmware 1.9.2.7-7e [from Oleg's]

reset issue detected!

The reset issue has been detect like Int said.

I hope you can detect where this issue and solve the problem oleg .

There is my log file after the reset:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Tomekk; 21-06-2005 at 01:39.
    Using WL500g - firmware 1.9.2.7-7e [from Oleg's]

Quote Originally Posted by catdog
    Just a side note- rather mystery to me- after upgrading from 5a to 6a the dropbear settings, keys and daemon startup in post-boot script are gone, which is to be expected I suppose?
    Yes, this is expected behaviour. It's not lost, but flashfs was disabled. You've to use flashfs enable after the firmware upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomekk
    Im just started to test this new firmware and i detect that there is no link to the URL Filter Page in Web Interface mode.
    URL filter is not implemented, that's why page is not available.

Thanx Oleg for this great FW, my router have never been running better.

Actualy im atm dl a torrent from my pc to the samba drive...

On 5a i had the wan die problem, but now it´s totaly gone.

finaly i can remote, ftp and use samba with no problems.

UR THE MAN OLEG

Quote Originally Posted by catdog
    Perhaps Autodetection process is failing.
    In fact WAN port dies is turned off with fixed speed.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast