Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Firmware v1.9.2.7 CR6, updated to CR6a ... now CR6b [Oleg]

Search for post-firewall. I've a sample on my page too.

long write delay on WLHDD

I searched on the forum about this and the one and only who experienced this had probably a full disk.
    I had Oleg's latest fw 6b installed and when backing up from xp there were multiple long write failures. Before I was running Jockyw's fw and no problems. I turned back to original fw. 1.2.3.4. again no problems. So what could be wrong? I want Oleg's fw, but I also need to backup.

Wait for -6c.

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg
    Wait for -6c.
    Will this be soon?

Perhaps I would post -pre version for testing this week.

I found that my WL-500g with 1.9.2.7 cr6b does not update its internal clock via time server. I tried several servers, but it sticks to display the actual year as 1970. Any hints?

I once tried to set up samba but did not succeed. Could this interfere with the time server function? Also i use the wl-500g as an access point with dhcp switched off.

I've got the same problem with ntp ... On boot it's ok, but if i want to get the date by the 'date' command, sometimes it gives me a day in 1970 (01/01).
    What's the problem ?

I've do this :

*installed crontab
    *rmmod audio and soundcore
    *kill waveservermain
    *insmod videodev, ov51x and ox519_decomp, scsi_mod, sd_mod, usb-storage *make a ln -s /dev/v4l/video0 /dev/video0
    *mount my 1st partition of my usb key on /opt
    *activate swap on the 2nd partition

ntp works fine for me. try other servers.

I'm using time.nist.org

The server is not the problem (i've used it during 6 months with the stock firmware) imho. If il lauch ntp, the router give sync and it's ok. But i've to do it manually. I configured 1 hour for re-sync in the web interface.

Question HFS+ support?

hey,

is there a chance that a HFS+ formatted hdd is supported by upcoming oleg's firmwares ... i've read somewhere in the forum that it's currently not supported and that hdds shall be formatted with ext3 or fat32, but as far as i know the kernel 2.4.x supports HFS+ ....is there a reason why it's not implemented?
    or can I add HFS+ support by myself? if yes, how?

cheers, thomas.

ps: searching the forum with =< 3 chars (like hfs, mac, osx etc.) gives a zero search result in the forum.... so maybe there is already an answer, but i was unable to find it

I think the best way to get HFS+ is to compile it by your self by setting the right Kernel Parameter.

Why it's not implemented, well I think ext3 and fat32 is the usual standard, that almost everybody has. If every Filesystem should be implemented ......

I think you should better by a small tidy PC for this, the flash rom at this devices are not that big to keep every feature in it.

To get to your question about a chance, I don't think so. Since most of us are PC-Users:

Linux can read and write FAT32
    Windoose can at least read with an extra driver ext32
    So for those who know what Linux is will probably format with ext32, the others will use fat32 to switch the USB-Drive between Windows and the WL*** device.

greetings from Berlin

Quote Originally Posted by piri
    hey,

is there a chance that a HFS+ formatted hdd is supported by upcoming oleg's firmwares ... i've read somewhere in the forum that it's currently not supported and that hdds shall be formatted with ext3 or fat32, but as far as i know the kernel 2.4.x supports HFS+ ....is there a reason why it's not implemented?
    or can I add HFS+ support by myself? if yes, how?

cheers, thomas.

ps: searching the forum with =< 3 chars (like hfs, mac, osx etc.) gives a zero search result in the forum.... so maybe there is already an answer, but i was unable to find it
    Greetings from 1XXXX (Berlin/Germany)

what is a flashfs file.

and i missing the option url filter what i need that is why i dont need this firmware. Or is it possible that i can put url filter in by flashfs.

I wait for a reply (oleg?)

thanks for your reply!

Quote Originally Posted by ankn99
    I think the best way to get HFS+ is to compile it by your self by setting the right Kernel Parameter.
    do you have a how-to how-to do that? :-)

Why it's not implemented, well I think ext3 and fat32 is the usual standard, that almost everybody has. If every Filesystem should be implemented ......

I think you should better by a small tidy PC for this, the flash rom at this devices are not that big to keep every feature in it.
    hmmm, to tell a mac user that he shall buy a pc ....

Linux can read and write FAT32
    Windoose can at least read with an extra driver ext32
    So for those who know what Linux is will probably format with ext32, the others will use fat32 to switch the USB-Drive between Windows and the WL*** device.
    well, osx can read/write ext32, fat32 and hfs/hfs+ .... but I really don't think that because "most" people are using intel, oleg will not incorporate hfs+ support in his firmwares.... this must be a technical issue....

cheers, thomas.

wl500g is running linux, so using ext3 as most logical approach. Other filesystems (fat32/ntfs) are used for compatibility with original firmwares only. No other filesystems would be supported, as there are not enough space available in the built-in flash to support everything.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast