Thread: NAT Setting - Virtual Server error

Unhappy Bug in 1.7.5.6-3: NAT Setting - Virtual Server List (Del)?

I think I found a nasty bug:

Yesterday I added one after other some rows of my "server-applications" in the "Virtual Server List", everything seems OK (FW 1.7.5.6-2 Oleg).

Today I was changing some lines (deleting the row to change and adding a new one). But after the deleting the rows "got in tilt": this means the description, the port, ... of the table was mixed up and nothing was right.

The only way to get a correct VSL was to delete all the rows and enter them one after other without deleting one.

Today I upgraded to FW 1.7.5.6-3 from Oleg, but everything remains like this. I wouldnt go back to the original FW 1.7.5.6, because I need the printer feature.

How can this happen? Is this a bug? Would it be possible to directly change details of a row (not delete and re-enter)?

PS.: I hope it is not a Javascript-HTML-Frontend-Problem.
    Thank you for every help...
    Last edited by chrus; 20-05-2004 at 20:44.
    My Hardware: ASUS M6800N 1.5GHz, Asus WL-500g (FW 1.7.5.6-3 Oleg), external 3,5" HD, Cel.366 Desktop, HP OJ G85

Has anybody tried this feature (editing VSL list) in a newer (over 1.7.5.6-3) firmware?
    To me the VSL features are very important.
    Last edited by chrus; 10-09-2004 at 17:50.
    My Hardware: ASUS M6800N 1.5GHz, Asus WL-500g (FW 1.7.5.6-3 Oleg), external 3,5" HD, Cel.366 Desktop, HP OJ G85

If I recall correctly, I've seen stupid bug in the ASUS sources, which causes things like this. The reason for that is "bad" characters in the description field which is not quoted/handled in the scripts. So, use simple one word descriptions.

As "simple one word descriptions" do not work either: Any news on this issue? Does the problem also occur with a newer firmware than 1.7.*.*??

fraho

This firmware is not updated anymore. Switch to latest - 1.9.2.7-5

Hi Oleg,

that doesn't answer my question: Does this problem still occur with a newer firmware?

Fraho

Try it and you will get an answer. I've not checked this.

Quote Originally Posted by fraho
    that doesn't answer my question: Does this problem still occur with a newer firmware?

Fraho
    This doesn't answer your question either, but the 1337 among us use post-firewall .

NAT Setting - Virtual Server error

Hi

i was just wanted to do a port forward, and when i get NAT Setting - Virtual Server page, and set the datas, clicked add, and it has not appeared in the table below. The values were correct.
    It doesn't registers itself, not in nvram, nor in iptables, I just checked.
    What could go wrong? I've done it before without any problems. Now i cannot add a new record.
    Buf if i set the nvram vts_desc_x0 to anything else, it appears in the table, but if i try to add or delete a row from the GUI, it doesn't do anything.

My nvram config for the virtual servers:

vts_ipaddr_x=
    vts_proto_x=
    vts_lport_x=
    vts_desc_x=
    vts_lport_x0=5900
    vts_port_x=
    vts_protono_x0=
    vts_desc_x0=VNC
    vts_proto_x0=TCP
    vts_ipaddr_x0=192.168.1.2
    vts_enable_x=1