Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Problems with WL-500gP V2 and firmware 1.9.2.7-d-r2624

  1. #1

    [SOLVED] Problems with WL-500gP V2 and firmware 1.9.2.7-d-r2624

    Hello all,
    I recently switched from the original Asus firmware to the "enthusiast" Oleg firmware version 1.9.2.7-d-r2624, looking for more stability.

    I followed the great tutorial at http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=10307 and the router seems to work ok, but I have two problems.

    1) first problem is that it seems not to route. I mean, this is my configuration:
    - WAN connected to a modem/router, WAN address is 192.168.2.2 (static IP), default gateway is the modem (192.168.2.1)
    - LAN IP address for the WL-500gP V2 is 192.168.1.1, DHCP enabled
    - PC connected to the first port of the WL-500gP V2, using dynamically assigned IP address (thanks to the DHCP)

    Now, the situation is the following:
    - the PC is connected to the router, gets an IP (192.168.1.214), I can ping the router, log in to it using the web interface and SSH
    - the router is connected to the Internet: it can see the modem (I can ping 192.168.2.1) and it can reach the outside world (I can ping www.google.it for instance)

    However, from the PC I can neither reach the modem, nor the Internet. It seems like the WL-500gP V2 is not doing routing. With the original firmware, exact same configuration, I had no such problems.

    This is the diagnostic output:
    (please see the first reply)

    2) the second problem is about wireless. I configured it with WPA2-Personal, AES encryption. With my netbook (which is using Windows XP) the situation is the following, if I broadcast the SSID, the netbook can see the wireless network. Then, if I try to connect it stays there for a while with the message "waiting for network to be available", then the message goes away and it seems like it is not connected to the wireless network (red cross on the icon in the system tray, "not connected" shown for my network in the list of the available wireless networks). However, the netbook gets an IP (192.168.1.6) and I can ping the WL-500gP V2 and use its web interface. Of course, I cannot see the modem or the Internet. So, it seems like the wireless network is in a "limbo" state.

    Do you have any idea on how I can solve these problems?

    Thanks in advance,
    Mauro.
    Last edited by mauromol; 02-09-2011 at 09:05.

  2. #2
    Diagnostic information (first part):

    (partially removed)

    Code:
    IP Tables NAT
    
    Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT 1535 packets, 203K bytes)
     pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination         
    
    Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT 801 packets, 49904 bytes)
     pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination         
    
    Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 35 packets, 8885 bytes)
     pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination
    Last edited by mauromol; 02-09-2011 at 08:46.

  3. #3
    Diagnostic information (second part):

    (removed)
    Last edited by mauromol; 02-09-2011 at 08:45.

  4. #4
    your nat iptables rules are empty.
    it could be observerd, if you didn't reset routrer to the factory defaults after flahing

    p.s current FW is 1.9.2.7-d-r3026, your is too old
    http://code.google.com/p/wl500g/sour...t?path=/trunk/

  5. #5
    Hi theMIROn, thanks for the tip.
    Actually, as suggested by the tutorial I did a reset to the factory defaults both BEFORE and AFTER flashing the custom firmware.
    Do you think the problem will be fixed by doing another factory defaults?
    Could I then restore my settings if I save them and then restore after resetting to factory defaults? Or should I then set all things from scratch?

    Do you think the empty NAT table may also be the cause of the problems on the wireless side?

    Mauro.

    P.S.: I didn't see the revision you mention. On the home page http://code.google.com/p/wl500g/ the latest firmware available for the WL500gP V2 is the r2624

  6. #6

  7. #7
    Hi theMIROn,
    first of all, thanks again for your help. Restoring the factory defaults did the trick. However, I didn't try to restore my settings, I decided I will restore them by hand one by one.
    However, I'm sure I did a restore to factory defaults after flashing, so my suspect is that some of the Virtual Server rules I set up may have caused the problem... I will try to restore them one by one and see if the problem shows up again.

    The wireless thing was a problem of the client system, I simply did a restart and all is fine now.

    Thanks again,
    Mauro.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •