Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEW CHALENGE ON WL500GP deluxe - SHARE MANAGER FOR SAMSUNG TV's

Lightbulb NEW CHALENGE ON WL500GP deluxe - SHARE MANAGER FOR SAMSUNG TV's

Hello I have a new challenge for the GURU's of this forum. I recently bought an Samsung LE32c550 LCD TV , and it has an network port. By default Samsung gives to the users a Windows (mac?) program called "SAMSUNG PC Share Manager" who works with most Samsung TV's (all I think) who have LAN or WLAN ports, and basicly makes a kind of share through network giving acces to some folders for the TV. This way you can play movies, pictures, etc directly from the computer.

THE CHALLENGE IS TO MAKE MY (OUR) WL500GP (DELUXE, V2) ROUTERS WITH OLEG'S FIRMWARE (installed through wengi's tutorial - in my case) work with this type of sharing for the benefit of watching movies directly from router.

OK , WHO IT WILL BE MY (OUR) HERO ? ANYBODY ?

you really haven't looked a bit further than the software have you?

The things you need are the following things: UPnP (universal plug and play) and DLNA (digital living network alliance).

We have 2 UPnP servers on the ipkg repository: ushare and mediatomb
    ushare is simple to set up, but not very good when it comes to compatibility...
    mediatomb has better compatibility, but it's quite slow imho.

Also a comercial server is available called Twonky Server.
    I use twonky, simply because it's the best in the market and because they are member of DLNA.

Obviously I'm not telling you to go buy stuff, that would be bad thing. Instead, try out the opensource servers available to see if they're sufficient for you.
    If not you can try twonky (30 day trial).

short guide to install twonky here: http://www.twonkyforum.com/mediawiki...ters_-_Oleg_FW written by me

yep seems like i sleept a lot last year, i did'nt browse the forums ... thanks ... u share i will try it ... 10x

SO I INSTALLED USHARE AFTER I READ AN TRANSLATED GERMAN FORUM ABOUT USHARE , THE TV SEES ALL THE FILES BUT GIVES ME AN ERROR ALL TEH TIME " fORMat UNSUPPORTED" ?????
    Last edited by tmsulica; 30-11-2010 at 10:15.

Quote Originally Posted by tmsulica View Post
    SO I INSTALLED USHARE AFTER I READ AN TRANSLATED GERMAN FORUM ABOUT USHARE , THE TV SEES ALL THE FILES BUT GIVES ME AN ERROR ALL TEH TIME " fORMat UNSUPPORTED" ?????
    caps?

anyway, it seems like the samsung tv's usually have those kind of problems after some googling...
    for ushare you can't set more parameters, so either way it is mediatomb or twonky you need to use.
    My best bets are on twonky for this

flash samsung fw

Hi
    I have same problem like you
    Try this web http://samygo.sourceforge.net/
    You can flash your fw in tv and after this you have telnet access and lot of another features like change color of subtitles, play DTS sound AND you can access folder shared with samba.
    I havenīt good experience with DLNA so at home Iīm using this "setup".
    If you want more info donīt hesitate to ask.

PS: with samba there is only one cons (minus) you have to use samba 3 because with samba 2 have some problems.

PS2: If you are afraid to flash fw in tv you can everything try without flashing but every new features will be avaible until you switch off and on yout tv but it is good for trying to know what is possible

Twonky is working

Hi guys,

first of all thank you wpte for an easy guide how to install twonky on asus router.

Now go on ... Iīve installed Twonky and there was a big problem how to choose media folders. It is necessary to browse from
    Code:
    usr/tmp/harddisk
    instead of
    Code:
    /tmp/harddisk
    No other trouble with this amazing software. Now iam downloading on transmission some FullHD movies to try if routerīs bandwidth is high enought to stream this movies.

Thx for this and see what to do in 30 days after trial expires.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewa View Post
    Hi guys,

first of all thank you wpte for an easy guide how to install twonky on asus router.
    you're welcome

Now go on ... Iīve installed Twonky and there was a big problem how to choose media folders. It is necessary to browse from
    Code:
    usr/tmp/harddisk
    instead of
    Code:
    /tmp/harddisk
    No other trouble with this amazing software. Now iam downloading on transmission some FullHD movies to try if routerīs bandwidth is high enought to stream this movies.

Thx for this and see what to do in 30 days after trial expires.
    I didn't run into that problem yet
    Maybe because I mounted my main drive on /mnt

Twonky is a lot faster than samba, usually, so you might be lucky
    on my RT-N16 it's not a problem whatsoever.

the software can be reset easily to 30 days again, BUT it would be quite unfair to the developers imho
    especially because the lisence isn't that expensive: only 15 euro.

Quote Originally Posted by wpte View Post
    you're welcome

I didn't run into that problem yet
    Maybe because I mounted my main drive on /mnt

Twonky is a lot faster than samba, usually, so you might be lucky
    on my RT-N16 it's not a problem whatsoever.

the software can be reset easily to 30 days again, BUT it would be quite unfair to the developers imho
    especially because the lisence isn't that expensive: only 15 euro.
    Oh yes, Not too expensive, so now Twonky is registered. Speed is sufficient and no bid trouble in watching movies. Thanks man ;-)

Anyboady tested new 6.0.32 version? I cannot start this threw mentioned guide http://www.twonkyforum.com/mediawiki/index.php/Asus_Routers_-_Oleg_FW#Setting_up_Twonky_6.x
    When trying start server, it says that at Script:
    Code:
    /opt/twonkymedia/twonkymedia: line 1: syntax error: unexpected "("
    Any suggestion how to fix this? I've downloaded manual install version, not the asus one, because I didn find it.

asus TwonkyServer 6.0.31-RC6 works fine
    Last edited by Stewa; 12-03-2011 at 20:17.

Anyboady tested new 6.0.32 version? I cannot start this threw mentioned guide

asus TwonkyServer 6.0.31-RC6 works fine
    Yes, that's because 6.0.32 is currently ONLY available for x86 en x64 PC's.
    The 6.0.31-RC6 version is the latest

Quote Originally Posted by wpte View Post
    Yes, that's because 6.0.32 is currently ONLY available for x86 en x64 PC's.
    The 6.0.31-RC6 version is the latest

Stable 6.0.32 Twonky server version available
    Code:
    http://www.twonkyforum.com/downloads/6.0.32/twonkymedia-asus-6.0.32.zip

Hi, i'm looking for the best way to connect my Samsung TV to a lot of movies stored in a NAS connected to the wl500GP. The NAS (a Kroun 2 BAIE GIGABIT) has an integrated media server (DMS) and the television connects to all the files but can't open all of them (photo-movies and music) with the error "format unsupported". So i'm trying to see if twonky works. I have installed it with the ECADDICT easy tutorial, and the television connects to the shared folder in the USB HD i've connected to the ASUS (with the exception of mkv files that give the "unsupported format" error). Now my problem is to put in share the folder of the NAS that is connected to the asus router trough the ethernet plug... How can i add this folder to the twonky shares????
    Thank you very much

doe's anyone know how i can put in share a folder on a NAS connected to the asus trough eternet and with an IP address? I've tryed to add //IPaddress of NAS/folder but it didn't work.......
    Sorry f i do again the queston gut i would try to let it work before the end of trial period..thank you

additional informations

Checking the Kraun web page, i've seen that the HD is in this path "/nmt/ide4/folder". I think this is the address for the kraun. May be that i've to add this in the fstab file, maybe adding the ip address of the kraun router????? If this is the problem someone knows how to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by tex View Post
    Checking the Kraun web page, i've seen that the HD is in this path "/nmt/ide4/folder". I think this is the address for the kraun. May be that i've to add this in the fstab file, maybe adding the ip address of the kraun router????? If this is the problem someone knows how to do it?
    Well... your nas also has windows shares I guess?
    that means you can mount those shares on your router.

either way, with samba installed this might work:
    smbmount //computer/share /mnt/point -o ip=x.x.x.x
    or you can use mount if you have the smbfs driver loaded up:
    mount -t smbfs //x.x.x.x/share /mnt/point
    be sure that the folders exist on which you want to mount the network locations...

then you can add those folders to twonky

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast