Thread: Connecting other usb-devices?

Connecting other usb-devices?

Well since we now know how to gain access to the router wouldn't we be able to maybe implement support for other devices such as usb- bluetooth or support for more webcams?

Re: Connecting other usb-devices?

Originally posted by Snigel
    Well since we now know how to gain access to the router wouldn't we be able to maybe implement support for other devices such as usb- bluetooth or support for more webcams?
    yes it should be possible, the problem which will occur is that we can't save anything to the firmware itselfs

which means that when the router reboots itselfs, we have to start/load things by hand over and over.

in the mean time we still have to wait untill Asus Taiwan releases the source, and they have to because they are violating the GPL license.

Source

HI!

You can see the filesystem in the router by watching the firmware update.

I've seen it and it's not very diferent from the linksys wrt54g. Basically the file is a linux kernel (2.4.5) anda a cramfs filesystem. Its not hard to mount the cram fs to see whats in there. But to make a new cramfs boot image..... that i still don't know.

Anyway, i belive that it should be possible to user the "ping feature " to add new modules to the kernel.

RR

we don't have a ping feature.. we just have a System Command page.. much simpeler

also we can activite the internal FTP and adjust the location to the ROOT of the router.. so we can modify/upload new stuff

only because it's a static firmware offcourse.. we can't change it on the fly

and i know they already have rebuilded a firmware for the WRT54g

We can always automate the upload to the asus (like the powerboost script).
    Then after a reboot or firmware upgrade the new usb settings will be activated again.
    Live long and prosper!