Thread: Makefiles5.diff Problem

Makefiles5.diff Problem

Hi,

I'm trying for a few hours to Compile the new Hardware for my WL-HDD.

As I started to read the Forum, I thought I need the Sources from th WRT54G, downloaded it put the wl500g-1.9.2.7-5a.tar.bz2 in the right DIR didn't work I ended up with downloading GPL_1927.zip aka GPL_1927.tar.gz extracted wl500g-1.9.2.7-5a.tar.bz2 in broadcm/src
    did a

make uClibc
    make kernel
    make

and it jumed out with:

patching file www/asus/mkweb
    [ ! -d /usr/src/ASUS-WL-HDD/broadcom/src/router/rt2460 ] || [ -d /usr/src/ASUS-WL-HDD/broadcom/src/gateway/rt2460 ] || \
    tar -C /usr/src/ASUS-WL-HDD/broadcom/src/router -cf - rt2460 | tar -C /usr/src/ASUS-WL-HDD/broadcom/src/gateway -xf-
    [ ! -f rt2460.diff ] || patch -d /usr/src/ASUS-WL-HDD/broadcom/src/gateway -p1 --no-backup-if-mismatch < rt2460.diff
    [ ! -d /usr/src/ASUS-WL-HDD/broadcom/src/router/et.SENTRY5 ] || [ -d /usr/src/ASUS-WL-HDD/broadcom/src/gateway/et.SENTRY5 ]|| \
    tar -C /usr/src/ASUS-WL-HDD/broadcom/src/router -cf - et.SENTRY5 | tar -C /usr/src/ASUS-WL-HDD/broadcom/src/gateway-xf -
    [ ! -f et.SENTRY5.diff ] || patch -d /usr/src/ASUS-WL-HDD/broadcom/src/gateway -p1 --no-backup-if-mismatch < et.SENTRY5.diff
    [ ! -d /usr/src/ASUS-WL-HDD/broadcom/src/router/libcrypto ] || [ -d /usr/src/ASUS-WL-HDD/broadcom/src/gateway/libcrypto ] || \
    tar -C /usr/src/ASUS-WL-HDD/broadcom/src/router -cf - libcrypto | tar -C /usr/src/ASUS-WL-HDD/broadcom/src/gateway -xf -
    [ ! -f libcrypto.diff ] || patch -d /usr/src/ASUS-WL-HDD/broadcom/src/gateway -p1 --no-backup-if-mismatch < libcrypto.diff
    patching file libcrypto/Makefile
    [ -f /usr/src/ASUS-WL-HDD/broadcom/src/gateway/Makefile ] || cp /usr/src/ASUS-WL-HDD/broadcom/src/router/Makefile /usr/src/ASUS-WL-HDD/broadcom/src/gateway && patch -d /usr/src/ASUS-WL-HDD/broadcom/src/gateway -p1 < Makefile.diff
    patching file Makefile
    [ -f /usr/src/ASUS-WL-HDD/broadcom/src/gateway/Makefiles5.mk ] || cp /usr/src/ASUS-WL-HDD/broadcom/src/router/Makefiles5.* /usr/src/ASUS-WL-HDD/broadcom/src/gateway && patch -d /usr/src/ASUS-WL-HDD/broadcom/src/gateway -p1 < Makefiles5.diff
    /bin/sh: Makefiles5.diff: No such file or directory
    make: *** [custom] Error 1

Does any body know what I'm doing wrong here ?

By the way I did the uClibC stuff and enhanced the PATH-Variable also.

The reason for this recompiling stuff is, I would like to add otherstuff to it and do some changes on the WEBCAM-Kernel-Modules, because the drive is thinking I've got another CAM and the maintainer of the CAM-Modules told me to do some changes in the Source and recompile it !!!

Thanks in advanced
    sincerly

A.Kneiseler
    Greetings from 1XXXX (Berlin/Germany)

http://wl500g.info/search.php?searchid=185479
    the answer is here..

just remove the line

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Quote Originally Posted by Antiloop
    the answer is here..

just remove the line
    Well it's kind of a big, annoying issue actually, because then it has to bother you with "are you sure you want to apply the patch" and everything when you try again, so basically to avoid hassle you have to start over. It would be quite nice if the patches could be reuploaded with this fixed along with the default model changed to WL500g, but that's just my humble opinion.

the answer is here..

just remove the line

Opps I hit the link and it shows me

Quote Originally Posted by vBulletin Message
    Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms
    Anyway, I'll doit!

Thanks again

Andy

search for: Makefiles5.diff

anyway just remove the line that needs it

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Hi,

OK it's done.

I did updated the pwc Modules from 8.8 to 9.02 that's the last one I could easy integrate in to this kernel (Only copying the files to linux/linux/usb. The other updates were to dificult to do a quick hack, because they need some header-files from 2.6.xx. Did the patch sugested at the MList from http://www.saillard.org/linux/pwc/ still doesn't work, it now knows my Philips ToUCam 740K but no pictures.

Bad thing, when I've got Time I'll try the newer ones. Thanks again for your help !!

Does anybody has his Philips ToUCam 740K working with this thing, it always tells me I got a Sotec Alfina but i know for sure I've got a Philips (my moneybag too)

Andy

since I played a lot with the Development tree, I wrote myself a script, thats removing the old stuff and rebuilding the tree from the tarballs.

On a P42.4 it goes quick for this amount of data until everything is finished !!

Quote Originally Posted by tomilius
    Well it's kind of a big, annoying issue actually, because then it has to bother you with "are you sure you want to apply the patch" and everything when you try again, so basically to avoid hassle you have to start over. It would be quite nice if the patches could be reuploaded with this fixed along with the default model changed to WL500g, but that's just my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ankn99
    Hi,

OK it's done.

I did updated the pwc Modules from 8.8 to 9.02 that's the last one I could easy integrate in to this kernel (Only copying the files to linux/linux/usb. The other updates were to dificult to do a quick hack, because they need some header-files from 2.6.xx. Did the patch sugested at the MList from http://www.saillard.org/linux/pwc/ still doesn't work, it now knows my Philips ToUCam 740K but no pictures.

Bad thing, when I've got Time I'll try the newer ones. Thanks again for your help !!

Does anybody has his Philips ToUCam 740K working with this thing, it always tells me I got a Sotec Alfina but i know for sure I've got a Philips (my moneybag too)

Andy
    perhaps the chipset is from 'Sotec' or something, is the 740K a Pro series ? if not then you can be almost sure it is not a philips chipset inside

It's a PCVC740K

Pictures and Info is here:
    http://www.pc-cameras.philips.com/ma...40k/index.html

I opened the cam there sits a Philips SAA9999999 somthing inside of it.

XP SP1 used to work with it without any Probl. but since SP2 it doesn't deetect it automagicly !!!

I', not sure but I think I remember, that there is a Chip that may be reprogrammed by any application ??

Andy

perhaps the chipset is from 'Sotec' or something, is the 740K a Pro series ? if not then you can be almost sure it is not a philips chipset inside