Thread: recovery mode fails when lan is plugged in

Question recovery mode fails when lan is plugged in

Hello guys. I'm new to the forum, so i would like to say hello for everybody

I did not find a solution for my problem since a very long time... (i spent weeks searching forums, but no luck...). I have an Asus WL-500GP router with dd-wrt on it (I suppose...). I would like to use x-wrt, because i had issues with wireless connection and router firmware stability with the dd-wrt...

First my power supply broke after setting up dd-wrt: initially i noticed that my laptop cannot connect to the router via wifi in the room next to the router (with original fw no issues were present). I had to reset to factory defaults after each reset. Then the PSU broke, LAN 1-4 and WAN were solid, Power and AIR was off... After replacing the PSU, dd-wrt fw did not work well again, so i decided to put open-wrt on it. Since then, i cannot enter recovery mode when a lan cable is plugged in. When router starts, PWR remains solid and LAN as well, but when i unplug the lan cable, and try to restart it in recovery mode, the router acts normal (PWR blinks slowly).

Does anybody met this problem so far? I would try to avoid opening the router for shortening any pins on it, since the router is still working and i don't want to kill it...

Any help or advice is appreciated!

Additional info: I tried the firmware restore utility, but no success. I also tried tftp restoration, but i was unsuccessful as well... I have a back-up router at the moment working, but thats a dumb one, so i would use the asus, since i need the network drive sharing, printer sharing and ftp/web server capabilities of the router

Thx in advance,

Mike
    Last edited by haxxor; 26-07-2010 at 15:00. Reason: changing thread icon

try jtag
    information in the ddwrt forum ddwrt

Thumbs up

meanwhile, problem dissapeared... when wifi was active, recovery mode was enabled, if i disabled the wifi on the laptop, recovery mode failed. after some flashing, router works normal again. just having some problem with pppoe connection. thx anyway!