Thread: WL-500GP v2 wifi suddenly stopped (Air LED is off)

WL-500GP v2 wifi suddenly stopped (Air LED is off)

Hello Guys,

Some weeks ago my NB suddenly stopped to detect the wifi from my asus. I checked the router and WAN + LANs worked. All the LEDs (WAN, LANs, POWER) were on except of AIR. Also power off / on again did not help.
    I went through some forums to find out that the power supply could be damaged (capacitors issue). So I changed the power supply to the stronger one (5V/3A). After this, the problem was gone, LED AIR normally lit and my wifi worked. Yesterday, the same issue appeared (no wireless) so I found another power supply but no positive effect this time.
    My last working firmware was 1.9.2.7-10, but currently I set everything to default. Unfortunately guarantee period finished 2months ago.

Can anyone help, pleeeeeeeeeeeease????
    Thank you all so much

Regards
    Petule

Quote Originally Posted by Petule View Post
    Hello Guys,

Some weeks ago my NB suddenly stopped to detect the wifi from my asus. I checked the router and WAN + LANs worked. All the LEDs (WAN, LANs, POWER) were on except of AIR. Also power off / on again did not help.
    I went through some forums to find out that the power supply could be damaged (capacitors issue). So I changed the power supply to the stronger one (5V/3A). After this, the problem was gone, LED AIR normally lit and my wifi worked. Yesterday, the same issue appeared (no wireless) so I found another power supply but no positive effect this time.
    My last working firmware was 1.9.2.7-10, but currently I set everything to default. Unfortunately guarantee period finished 2months ago.

Can anyone help, pleeeeeeeeeeeease????
    Thank you all so much

Regards
    Petule
    1st try
    Code:
    wl radio on
    wl radio
    0x0001 means off 0 on
    If not help different power source is good idea, AT/ATX is best choice for testing.
    If u plain buy new device look at RT-N16, DIR-825 or WNR3500L :-)
    Last edited by gouryella; 17-06-2010 at 14:07.
    RT-N13u dd-wrt | Toshiba 2.5" 160GB | pxe boot server