Thread: Upgrade to 1.8.1.9 firewall trouble

Upgrade to 1.8.1.9 firewall trouble

I upgraded the firmware on my WL300g from 1.6 to 1.8.1.9, downloaded from the ASUS support page. Now I can connect to the internet but cannot retrieve pop mail or webmail and cannot ping through the AP. When I plug an ethernet cable directly into my router/modem there is no problem. Looks like the WL300g is blocking some ports.

Some more details:
    The WL300g is running in AP only mode, and connected to the eth1 of a Linux box with dhcp server for subnet 192.168.1.*. The eth0 of the Linux box is connected to the modem on subnet 10.0.0.*. Shorewall runs on the Linux box and does not seem to be dropping any packets. Everything was fine with firmware 1.6, accept the connection wasn't very solid; I tried downgrading but that doesn't improve anything.

Suggestions anybody?

did you reset the wl300g to defaults first?

see also http://wl500g.info/faq.php?faq=asus_..._upgradedv1800

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Yep

Yes, I did reset to defaults directly after uploading the firmware and restart.

I just read the info at the link you gave me, I'll try logging in at the hidden administrator page when I'm home.

Thanks for your reply, Antiloop!
    Last edited by manoman; 19-05-2005 at 12:11.

Quote Originally Posted by manoman
    Yes, I did reset to defaults directly after uploading the firmware and restart.
    ok should work then, try a newer firmware please

beta (asus)
    http://www.chupa.nl/beta/firmware.php?fid=7

custom (by oleg)
    http://www.chupa.nl/beta/firmware.php?fid=2

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

whew you're fast

OK I'll try the beta

oops shorewall was the cause after all

After upgrading everything stayed the same. I tested a bit more and found out my shorewall configuration was broken after all. Everything is working fine now. Sorry to have bothered you