Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Firmware v1.9.2.7 CR5, updated: v1.9.2.7 CR5a [Oleg]

Problem with CR5 and HP Printer: workaround for parallell interface?

I have the same problems with my HP990cxi printer than FIB already described earlier:
    Text is only printed partly (the first lines on a page and the last on another page).

I tried the fix given by Oleg:

killall p910nd
    p910nd -f /dev/usb/lp0 0

But it has no positive effect for me (FIB has more luck!). I think the fix is directed only to USB printers (Is this correct Oleg?) and unfortunately I am using the parallell interface to connect the HP990cxi (the USB is used for the external disk).

Has Oleg also a fix for the parallell printer interface ?It would be great because CR4 was working very well with my printer (with RAW option), and otherwise CR5 seems to be a good improvement step. It would be a pity to have to go back to CR4 in order to be able to use the print server again. Thanks in advance for every help with this problem.

Additional Remark: Concerning the introduced bidirectional functionality of the interface in CR5: the information of the printer is not detected by my Windows XP Pro system and the HP990cxi drivers and utilities.
    So I think that the new function is not useful at this state (for me, with my HP990cxi...).

Last remark: The work of the developers in this forum is great ! As a Linux newbie I am only able to be a very pleased user of this superb work. I appreciate very much !

Quote Originally Posted by kdudl
    But it has no positive effect for me (FIB has more luck!). I think the fix is directed only to USB printers (Is this correct Oleg?) and unfortunately I am using the parallell interface to connect the HP990cxi (the USB is used for the external disk).
    Yes, for parallel port use
    Code:
    killall p910nd
    p910nd -f /dev/printers/0 1

Quote Originally Posted by WlanMan
    Nope. Tried several times. Had this isue with R4 also, green picture but i think no syslog entrys. Just had no time to tell here.
    The Cam worked on a x86 linux and windows box, so i am curious what the problem can be on 500g ...
    Have you tried both refresh and activex mode? Also, try 1.9.2.7-4a. There was no webcam changes in the -5.

Please, can you tell me what the wlan_update tool does, i started it acidentely (no --help parameter check ) and now have afterburner supported. I know it patches something in the chipset eeprom, is this possible harmfull and is it reversible ?
    What does this mean it maybe fixes the range problem ?
    The things are not harmfull. Yes, they're reversible, but there is no reason to reverse them. This is a code "prepared" by ASUS. And as seems, ASUS will call this automatically starting with 1.9.4.0. Anyway, there was two changes performed enabled Afterburner (does not have an effect if you've disabled it in the web interface) and changed maximum allowed output power for the wireless part.

One last, is the output of "free" meaningfull in any way ? Free mem value changes in a way that seems strange when loading and killing software.
    free = free + shared + buffered

Problem with CR5 and HP Printer: workaround for parallell interface?

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg
    Yes, for parallel port use
    Code:
    killall p910nd
    p910nd -f /dev/printers/0 1
    Thank you Oleg, but sorry, I tried the fix unsuccessfully. It seems to work only with very short texts. For longer ones, the printer prints only one line and, after that, escapes the rest of the page and stops.

Dying after reboot

When i press FINISH and SAVE/RESTART buttons on web management page, WL-500g starts rebooting, power LED goes off, but it doesn't come back again. I have to replug power cord to get it works.

Afterburner question

Afterburner setting is now accessible on the wl300g/wl500g/wlhdd units (enabled for the supported devices only). You still need to enable it in the hardware by executing wlan_update once in the telnet session/hidden page, this should also fix "range" problem
    Please can somebody explain this?
    Will it work with "ordinary" WL-500g?
    And what "range" problem does it fix?

Quote Originally Posted by kdudl
    Thank you Oleg, but sorry, I tried the fix unsuccessfully. It seems to work only with very short texts. For longer ones, the printer prints only one line and, after that, escapes the rest of the page and stops.
    It should work for sure. I've no idea why it does not work for you...

Welcome to the Dark Side of Linux.

Unhappy Printer problem with V 1.9.2.7 CR5

I have the same problems with my HP930c printer on the LPT port as FIB already described earlier:
    Text is only printed partly (the first lines on a page and the last on another page).
    On the USB port I use a Samsung ML1210 laserprinter without problems.

No print problems with V 1.9.2.7 3c

Printer problem with V 1.9.2.7 CR5

I am using an HP880 printer, using the firmware V1.9.2.7 CR5 printing with LPT port some text/graphics are missing. (p9101d -f /dev/printers/0 1: i removed -B from the LPT printing deamon). I tried the USB port of the HP880 printer as well, this port seems to work ok.

Quote Originally Posted by hansbr
    I am using an HP880 printer, using the firmware V1.9.2.7 CR5 printing with LPT port some text/graphics are missing. (p9101d -f /dev/printers/0 1: i removed -B from the LPT printing deamon). I tried the USB port of the HP880 printer as well, this port seems to work ok.
    Could you please post your system log, once job is printed? Try this with no -b.

Could you please post your system log, once job is printed? Try this with no -b.
    Oleg

i included "syslog Hans.txt" file. (Printing a excel document to the HP880 using the LPT port). Printing the same document over the USB port to the same printer works ok.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hansbr; 10-05-2005 at 08:07.

Just wanted to share my experience with the wireless module. I was having enormous problems with wireless - from very low range/power to continous disconnects. Upgraded to this new firmware 1.9.2.7-CR5 and activated afterburner succesfully - my wireless connection is finally working again. I now have a very large range, much better than with the 1.9.2.7-4 or even 1.8.1.7 firmwares, both custom. The connection hasn't dropped yet, and has been on for several hours so, stability has also improved. Haven't came across any other problem until now so I'm very satisfied with this new version.

Thanks for your work.

Regards,

Problem with CR5 and HP Printer: fix for parallell interface is not working

Status of the problem with a HP990cxi printer with parallell interface:

I have integrated the fix "killall p910nd and p910nd -f /dev/printers/0 1" in my post-boot file. After that I checked again thoroughfully the printing function.
    My observations:
    1) With the last version of the HP enhanced driver (version.4.3.3) the printer does not work correctly at all (same symptoms as described earlier by FIB, Fred, myself and others)
    2) With the basic version of the driver (the one embedded in Windows XP) the printer works in some situations (f.i. printing of short mails) but not for complex pages (f.i. printer test page of windows, or using the booklet function of the well known fineprint print utility).

Concerning the introduced bidirectional functionality in CR5: the driver detects the availibility of the bidirectional feature. But the printing utilities are not able to use it.

I have downgraded my WL500g back to CR4. With this firmware the printing works (again!) like a charm.
    I regret to make the step back to CR4 because the other functions of CR5 seem to work very well and are really more stable than CR4. But I really need the printserver function (it was for me an important argument to buy the Wl500g).

Question to Oleg: Is it possible to get a version of CR5 with the original printing functionality of CR4? In case of limited investment to produce this partial backstep I think it would be a reasonable compromise. Thank you in advance for every help in this direction.

do you've timeouts in the system log?

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast