Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Firmware v1.9.2.7 CR5, updated: v1.9.2.7 CR5a [Oleg]

Quote Originally Posted by tomilius
    Gee, I'm flooding! But I have some more stuff to mention...
    Done everything, except default model. Buy deluxe ASAP

Connecting to FTP's.

Well im here to ask and check if this behavior or bug is provoked by this firmware.

Since i changed to 1.9.2.7 CR5 Olegs... im having problems connecting to FTP's.
    So the behavior is:

1st - On Lan side when i connect to any ftp there is no problem at all.

2nd -When i connect to a remote ftp(WAN) i cant transfer files at all. The file transfer will be stuck for infinite time.

3rd - In other hand when i connect to a remote ftp(WAN) withoud PASSIVE mode... im able to transfer files... but sometime one file or other gets stuck. After sometime he starts to transfer again.

Note: Sorry but i didn't put any log files... because the WL500g doesn't record anything about this in web interface.

Please check if this behavior is from this firmware because when i used 1.8.2.4 and many other firmwares i never face this problem.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Tomekk; 27-05-2005 at 02:49.
    Using WL500g - firmware 1.9.2.7-7e [from Oleg's]

Quote Originally Posted by Tomekk
    Well im here to ask and check if this behavior or bug is provoked by this firmware.

Since i changed to 1.9.2.7 CR5 Olegs... im having problems connecting to FTP's.
    So the behavior is:

1st - On Lan side when i connect to any ftp there is no problem at all.

2nd -When i connect to a remote ftp(WAN) i cant transfer files at all. The file transfer will be stuck for infinite time.

3rd - In other hand when i connect to a remote ftp(WAN) withoud PASSIVE mode... im able to transfer files... but sometime one file or other gets stuck. After sometime he starts to transfer again.
    Do you use pppoe?

Resp:

Yes i use pppoe connection (ADSL pppoe).

My settings for pppoe in WL500g are:

Idle Disconnect Time in seconds(option): 0

Tx Only: Uncheck

Enable PPPoE Relay?: No

MTU: Default Value

MRU: Default Value

All other fields are empty since its only required by special ISP's.

Note:In "Special Requirement from ISP" all fields are empty for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomekk
    Yes i use pppoe connection (ADSL pppoe).
    This bug is fixed already, wait for next firmware release.

Talking Reply:

Ok thank you. I will wait for the next release

traceroute6?

Installed and everything works just perfect (IPv6 too, with sixxs.net)!
    Just a question: did you forget to add traceroute6?
    Was there no space for it?

HTB: quantum of class 10001 is big

Hi, I'm using 1.9.2.7 CR5 fw. I have a wlan internet connection. Everything works fine, but today I got some strange errors (when this happened, my connection stopped for 1 minute, then i worked again):

May 29 00:28:24 udhcpc[114]: Lease of 62.77.XXX.XXX obtained, lease time 3600
    May 29 00:28:24 dnsmasq[50]: read /etc/hosts - 5 addresses
    May 29 00:28:24 dnsmasq[50]: reading /tmp/resolv.conf
    May 29 00:28:24 dnsmasq[50]: using nameserver 62.77.238.17#53
    May 29 00:28:24 dnsmasq[50]: using nameserver 84.21.9.234#53
    May 29 00:28:24 kernel: HTB init, kernel part version 3.16
    May 29 00:28:24 kernel: HTB: quantum of class 10001 is big. Consider r2q change.
    May 29 00:28:24 kernel: HTB: quantum of class 10010 is small. Consider r2q chang
    e.
    May 29 00:28:25 kernel: HTB: quantum of class 10012 is big. Consider r2q change.
    May 29 00:28:25 kernel: HTB init, kernel part version 3.16
    May 29 00:28:25 kernel: HTB: quantum of class 10001 is big. Consider r2q change.
    May 29 00:28:25 kernel: HTB: quantum of class 10010 is small. Consider r2q chang
    e.
    May 29 00:28:25 kernel: HTB: quantum of class 10012 is big. Consider r2q change.
    May 29 00:28:25 kernel: HTB init, kernel part version 3.16
    May 29 00:28:25 kernel: HTB: quantum of class 10001 is big. Consider r2q change.
    May 29 00:28:25 kernel: HTB: quantum of class 10010 is small. Consider r2q chang
    e.
    May 29 00:28:26 kernel: HTB: quantum of class 10012 is big. Consider r2q change.
    May 29 00:28:26 dhcp client: renew IP : 62.77.XXX.XXX from 62.77.XXX.XXX

wtf is HTB and quantum of class? I have never met these expressions in networking. What does it mean?

Sincerly mADAR from Hungary

Quote Originally Posted by Lapo Luchini
    Installed and everything works just perfect (IPv6 too, with sixxs.net)!
    Just a question: did you forget to add traceroute6?
    Was there no space for it?
    traceroute6 is missing in the busybox, so it could not be added.

Quote Originally Posted by mlaszlo
    May 29 00:28:26 kernel: HTB: quantum of class 10012 is big. Consider r2q change.

wtf is HTB and quantum of class? I have never met these expressions in networking. What does it mean?
    Well, if you'd searched with Google you would've found that it has to do with QoS and if you've searched this forum you also would've found that this isn't anything to worry about.

So, you can safely forget about it.

wshaper

hello!
    i fleshed this firmware on my asus and then i tryed this command:
    [admin@(none) sbin]$ wshaper start
    Cannot find device "root"
    Error: Qdisc "1:" is classless.
    Error: Qdisc "1:1" is classless.
    /sbin/wshaper: 69: Syntax error: 9*/10

any ideas where is problem? sor for my newb quest

[admin@(none) sbin]$ wshaper start "$1" 1000 220
    Unknown qdisc "1:10", hence option "handle" is unparsable
    Unknown qdisc "1:20", hence option "handle" is unparsable
    Unknown qdisc "1:30", hence option "handle" is unparsable
    Unknown filter "1:0", hence option "protocol" is unparsable
    Unknown filter "1:", hence option "protocol" is unparsable
    Unknown qdisc "ffff:", hence option "ingress" is unparsable
    Unknown filter "ffff:", hence option "protocol" is unparsable

this not correct so?
    Last edited by flx; 01-06-2005 at 11:28.

Quote Originally Posted by flx
    hello!
    i fleshed this firmware on my asus and then i tryed this command:
    [admin@(none) sbin]$ wshaper start
    /sbin/wshaper: 69: Syntax error: 9*/10
    any ideas where is problem? sor for my newb quest
    wshaper needs more parameters, especially the device which to shape:
    Code:
    wshaper start eth1 1000 220
    [admin@(none) sbin]$ wshaper start "$1" 1000 220
    Unknown qdisc "1:10", hence option "handle" is unparsable
    Unknown qdisc "1:20", hence option "handle" is unparsable
    Unknown qdisc "1:30", hence option "handle" is unparsable
    Unknown qdisc "ffff:", hence option "ingress" is unparsable
    Unknown filter "ffff:", hence option "protocol" is unparsable

this not correct so?
    Again you've made an error in the commandline. The '$1' parameter can only be used in the post-firewall script (It's a variable in the post-firewall script, therefore the command prompt does not know what '$1' is). When you use the commandline from within a telnet session use:

Code:
    wshaper start eth1 1000 220
    Make sure you understand why you need to use eth1 instead of $1. Please search this forum and read the Wondershaper thread thoroughly.

Quote Originally Posted by Styno
    Make sure you understand why you need to use eth1 instead of $1. Please search this forum and read the Wondershaper thread thoroughly.
    Or don't. It should do with a skim. Actually, I think it's a Wiki (unless you count the custom firmware page which is neither a Wiki nor a thread), and honestly, I don't see why everybody has to read something thoroughly or even understand it if they just want to get something working. I mean, I'm not quite that way--I usually like to understand it, but looking back on all of the time I spent on this router... I don't think it's even worth it considering how naturally unstable the wireless function is, seemingly no matter what driver. Ahem. Besides, the Wiki just explains some internal manipulations, and it was denounced quite recently for not being up-to-date and not explaining much.

Quote Originally Posted by rexster
    http://chupa.nl/phpwiki/index.php/PackageWondershaper
    somebody please update this wondershaper instruction.
    please...

i cant make it work because i think it's for the old firmware.
    now, the /init is not valid anymore.
    But THIS Wiki page should be of more assistance:

http://wiki.wl500g.info/index.php/ho...CR4%20firmware

Anyway, and sorry if I seemed rude but I just dislike the whole "read a book" philosophy when you just want to get a tiny thing working (and especially if the information isn't even fully available in that book, and especially if you have to hunt down that book first at a specified location in which it doesn't exist--and all this coming from someone who knows the answer to your question), here's a more direct approach:

1. You seem to already know the values for Download and Upload, but you can double-check them if you want.
    Determine the theoretical download speed of your connection (the speed your ISP says you get). Guides seem to suggest doing the opposite and using "real-world" values, but for me they make downloads slower (e.g., choosing 3500 will limit it to about 2200 on download speed tests so I use 4500; maybe it's my ISP, do what works best, feel free to experiment and try real-world values too but only after stopping wondershaper). Couldn't hurt using the real-world upload value I guess. I only really noticed issues with using the real-world download one.
    As part of step 1, you can test values and speeds by using a site such as http://performance.toast.net/ for your test site and doing the following to test:
    Access your router with telnet, ssh, or whatever (telnet 192.168.1.1, usually) and log in. I assume your WAN interface is eth1. Most are. If not, try ppp0. If not, search the forum. Anyway, use the following to test wshaper, replacing WanIf with your WAN interface (try what I said for that; it's usually eth1), MaxDown with the maximum download you've calculated, and MaxUp with the maximum upload:
    $ wshaper start WanIf MaxDown MaxUp
    To see the status (I doubt you would ever want to), do this:
    $ wshaper status WanIf
    To stop wondershaper for comparative testing or whatever, do this (note that it's unnecessary to stop wondershaper before running another "wshaper start", that's done automatically):
    $ wshaper stop WanIf
    Now determine your best values and continue on to make them (sort of) permanent.

2. Access your router with telnet, ssh, or whatever (telnet 192.168.1.1, usually) and log in.

3. If you don't already have post-firewall set up for anything, continue reading. If you do, learn how to use vi (it's a little bit beyond the scope of even this discussion, but it's just "vi /usr/local/sbin/post-firewall", press the i key to insert anything, press ESC to get out of that mode, press a capital J to join two lines, press d twice to remove a line, press :w to save, :q! to forcibly quit, or :wq to save and quit, use the arrow keys to "move around," and that's about it I think) add the line "/sbin/wshaper start $1 MaxDown MaxUp", replacing everything in caps with what you really want, and removing the quotes .

4. Since you don't have post-firewall set up, this should work for you every time... but "cat" it to double-check (cat /usr/local/sbin/post-firewall). If nothing shows up, yay. Read on. Otherwise, or if you want to change it, go up to step 3 (use "vi" as an editor and go into insert mode as I describe).

5. Perform this (without the $ included):
    Code:
    $ mkdir -p /usr/local/sbin
    $ echo "#!/bin/sh" > /usr/local/sbin/post-firewall
    6. Now do this, replacing MaxDown and MaxUp with the correct values:
    $ echo "/sbin/wshaper start $1 MaxDown MaxUp" >> /usr/local/sbin/post-firewall

7. THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED TO SAVE EVERYTHING YOU'VE JUST DONE!
    Code:
    $ flashfs save
    $ flashfs commit
    8. Good. Now reboot to test your changes.
    $ reboot

9. If you want to make sure wshaper has actually run, and correctly, you can use this, as I described in step 1:
    $ wshaper status WanIf
    If it's not, that will probably turn up blank or something like it.

10. Yay. Now, if it's not working, first check to see if anybody has corrected me and I haven't fixed it. Next, check your work.

Phew. OK. Again, sorry for the rudeness there Styno. I'm a little grouchy because I had to get up early... I don't drink coffee, surprisingly.

Tomillius, I appreciate you trying to help here, but I disagree with you. When someone registers here as a user, the forum rules are displayed and it would be nice if ppl followed the rules a bit better. Let me quote the first forum rule:

• Try to solve your problem first!
    If you have a problem, it is the intention you open a topic at the moment you are not able to solve it anymore AFTER trying it yourself. Always read the manual and take a look at the support page of the manufacturer. Try searching google, google groups and offcourse the search function at the forum. A lot of FAQs at other forums have solutions. If a question is already asked, or it is easy to solve or find yourself, than it is not the intention to post it here.
    This rule has a reason: At one point there were so many new forummembers asking the same questions over and over again, it became irritating and very time consuming for the more regular members to answer those questions. It also drowns the really intersting and new problems/solutions. In the past these kind of posts, as the one discussed here, would have been trashed by the moderators. Unfortunately, if noone steps up and tries to keep things clean here in the forum, then it would become a mess real quick. And if that makes me a bully .... ah well, I don't give a shit.

Again: The question asked here has been asked (almost) literally a few times before, so finding the appropriate info shouldn't be really that hard.

If you would like to further discuss the forum rules, this should be done through a separate thread or by PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Styno
    Again: The question asked here has been asked (almost) literally a few times before, so finding the appropriate info shouldn't be really that hard.
    Actually, I couldn't find the answer specifically addressed after looking for a good few minutes. The Wiki was no help for newbies of the subject and should be modified.. but I don't really feel like doing it . I understand your other points completely, though. If getting wondershaper up and running has been directly addressed anywhere else (and applicable to current-generation firmware), then I do apologize for that--I just couldn't find it in what I felt was a reasonable amount of time. And I suppose I still remember what it's like to be a newbie (at other forums in which I am no longer, that is, because I still sort of am one here).

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast