Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Firmware v1.9.2.7 CR5, updated: v1.9.2.7 CR5a [Oleg]

Exclamation Possible Bug

Hi,

Im using Oleg's 1.9.2.7-5a firmware, and I noticed durring a firewall test that the port 80 is open and responding, in spite of my port of web access from wan is a different port. I tested it with my dynamic IP from wan, on port 80 and the login box popped up, althoug my web access port is a different one.

Put back the 1.9.2.7-4, the port was closed, then upgraded to 7-5.a again, and the port 80 was open again!

Clould someone else check this at his/her router, please?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Csali
    Hi,

Im using Oleg's 1.9.2.7-5a firmware, and I noticed durring a firewall test that the port 80 is open and responding, in spite of my port of web access from wan is a different port. I tested it with my dynamic IP from wan, on port 80 and the login box popped up, althoug my web access port is a different one.

Put back the 1.9.2.7-4, the port was closed, then upgraded to 7-5.a again, and the port 80 was open again!

Clould someone else check this at his/her router, please?

Thanks in advance!
    I'm using 1.9.2.7-5a firmware... port 80 seems to be closed.
    Scanned with www.grc.com shields up utility.

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg
    remove this line, it's no longer needed.
    In regard to the Makefiles5.diff thing in the 1.9.2.7-5a patches... Maybe you could sort of fix that and reupload it so more people don't have to search the forums. I mean, it would be nice, unless a new release is planned soon... and even then...

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Zen
    I'm using 1.9.2.7-5a firmware... port 80 seems to be closed.
    Scanned with www.grc.com shields up utility.
    Maybe your ISP blocks it.

Gee, I'm flooding! But I have some more stuff to mention...

Another 1.9.2.7-5a thing... the Makefile uses WL500gx as the default model, which caused a bit of a headache. Maybe that was already stated, but this probably wasn't....

iplimit cannot be used as a module... it causes problems and cannot be loaded. This is a known issue--I had it before myself...
    Code:
    [admin@AsusRouter /]$ insmod ipt_iplimit.o
    Using /lib/modules/2.4.20/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/ipt_iplimit.o
    insmod: unresolved symbol ip_conntrack_find_get
    So hopefully in the next version iplimit (Networking options -> IP: Netfilter Configuration -> Connections/IP limit match support) can be made built-in (or it won't work at all), and Networking options -> QoS and/or fair queueing -> Firewall based classifier can at least be compiled as a module (though I don't see how it could hurt having it built-in either).

And while I'm rambling, it might be nice if "length" (LENGTH match support) could be compiled as a module also... It helps with some traffic shaping stuff (looked up "iptables tricks" on Google... or "iptables tips," one of those).

Thanks!

Wan problem

Since a view days something strange occurs.
    While running Azureus, browsing etc the Wan connection dies.
    Lan is working perefectly. When i log on @ router and go tot status and logs and check status is see that the link status is connected.
    But internet doesnt work. When 1 press 'connect' it works again!

I'm using Oleg's 1.9.2.7-5a firmware. ISP= Chello Modem+Motorola SB4200

I thought the 'wan port dies' problem should have been fixed with this firmware?

Could you please try to found a reason for this problem? The error code returned from call is invalid arguments as seems. Unfortunatly I do not have any serial convertor around, so could not check on this.
    May be later (in 1.5-2 weeks) - now have no time...

not stable for me

Well, both 1.9.2.7-5 and 1.9.2.7-5a are not stables on my wiley.

I have never had such wan port dies problem or anything similar but since 1.9.2.7-5 and after, my wiley works fine for a couple a day after I flashed it, then suddenly stops giving Internet access.

When my ethernet modem is directly connected to the PC, everything works fine (means : both I and the router have Internet access).

My WAN configuration is static IP.
    There are no errors at all in syslog.

After reflashing 1.9.2.7-4 and reenable flashfs (means : I use the same flash data in 1.9.2.7-5/5a and in 1.9.2.7-4) make it works like a charm.

Any hint ?

thx.
    JF

JF, could you please telnet/ssh to router and try pinging your ISP? I've reworked wan port dies workaround, so probably it's causing problems somehow? Anyway, I need something to check on this.
    If ping would fail - try executing "et -i eth1 promisc 0" and check again.
    Thanks.

JF, could you please telnet/ssh to router and try pinging your ISP?
    When in troubles, router doesn't have access to the internet:no DNS resolution (ping ping.symantec.com doesn't resolve), no ping (when trying to ping my wan gateway).
    I've reworked wan port dies workaround, so probably it's causing problems somehow? Anyway, I need something to check on this.
    If ping would fail - try executing "et -i eth1 promisc 0" and check again.
    Thanks.
    I have flashed 1.9.2.7-4 to be abble to work. I will reflash -5a on Thursday, wait for it to die and issue your command.
    Thanks a lot.

JF

JF, before executing command above please run tcpdump to check for INCOMING traffic, once you're trying to resolve hosts. wan port dies workaround monitors transimits and then looks for receive in the next 3 seconds, if they does not come back it should reset interfaces...

@Oleg

Are you planning on implementing a newer SAMBA version as update of current or in the next firmware release, so that files larger 2 GB will not become invisible anymore?

fraho

Quote Originally Posted by fraho
    @Oleg

Are you planning on implementing a newer SAMBA version as update of current or in the next firmware release, so that files larger 2 GB will not become invisible anymore?

fraho
    Have you considered using samba ipkg?
    As for firmware - I've samba 2.0.10 running already on my box, but it's really big, so I'm still thinking of it...

Have you considered using samba ipkg?
    As for firmware - I've samba 2.0.10 running already on my box, but it's really big, so I'm still thinking of it...
    So are you experiencing any problems because it's so big....?

fraho

Quote Originally Posted by fraho
    So are you experiencing any problems because it's so big....?
    No problems at the moment, but I just want to save more space in the flash for other usefull things.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast