Thread: error when saving to flashfs

error when saving to flashfs

Hi,

I've operated some changes on post-firewall and when I tried to do a save and reboot, I got the error below:

[chinonino@Asus sbin]$ flashfs save && flashfs commit && flashfs enable && reboot
    /sbin/flashfs: line 20: cat: Permission denied
    tar: removing leading '/' from member names
    tar: /tmp/local: unknown file type
    tar: error exit delayed from previous errors

Now I'm getting this every time I try to save. Rebooting seems to be working fine. Does anybody know what it means and what can l do to save the changes?

thx,
    mosoo

Quote Originally Posted by mosoo View Post
    Does anybody know what it means and what can l do to save the changes?

thx,
    mosoo
    Try the following:

Code:
     ipkg remove bash
    reboot
    After reboot you can install your /opt/etc/profile according wengis HowTo again. When you install bash again, save your old profile before and restore the old profile to /opt/etc/profile. The profile installed from ipkg bash is faulty and causes such errors.

Hope it helps.
    Alle HowTo's, all howto's

RT-N16 1.9.2.7-rtn-r3121, Samba, VSFTP, Lightthpd, PHP, Perl, MySQL, Serendipity, Aria2web, HDD 640GB
    RT-N66U, 16GB MicroSD/ 2 Partitions, 2,5" HDD 1TB, running with Merlin's FW and Entware, 16 Mbit A1,
    Netgear DGND 3700V2, QNAP TS119PII 4 TB, QNAP TS209 2 TB Raid1, Backup Synology DS107+ 1 TB, HP CP1515n

Quote Originally Posted by newbiefan View Post
    Hope it helps.
    It will
    wengi
    Übersicht aller HowTos --- HowTo Overview (mostly german)
    WL-HDD mit diesem Setup. --- WL-HDD with this setup.
    Kein Support per PM - Frage im jeweiligen Thread! --- No support via pm - ask in the according thread!
    Eine wirklich gute Idee erkennt man daran, dass ihre Verwirklichung von vorne herein ausgeschlossen erscheint. (Albert Einstein)

Thanks for the reply, tried it and worked. My problem now is that l got the same stupid error after l modified my post-firewall file. What I noticed is that after a clean install of bash (and when I had the problem) when I tried to edit a (any) file using vi, the bottom line would say "This is not a common file" and the flashfs error would return. Could this be due to a fairly big post-firewall file? (about 300 lines and 12k)

Quote Originally Posted by mosoo View Post
    ... after a clean install of bash ...
    As newbiefan described: This is the problem!
    You have to modify the /opt/etc/profile after a clean install of bash. (chapter 14 of my howto)
    Then: do a reboot.

wengi
    Übersicht aller HowTos --- HowTo Overview (mostly german)
    WL-HDD mit diesem Setup. --- WL-HDD with this setup.
    Kein Support per PM - Frage im jeweiligen Thread! --- No support via pm - ask in the according thread!
    Eine wirklich gute Idee erkennt man daran, dass ihre Verwirklichung von vorne herein ausgeschlossen erscheint. (Albert Einstein)