Thread: HOW TO COMPILE TO TARGET OLEG

Talking HOW TO COMPILE TO TARGET OLEG

HOW-TO learn how to setup a target oleg compile enviroment Compile your own or others sourcecode for the WL500(G/p) with OLEG? In need of compiling some tools for your router? Well I am doing this how-to because its a bit hit and miss to figure it out.

1. Ubuntu I have suceeded with Ubuntu 9.10 'Karmic Koala' - running under a virtual machine and running on a PC partition so I can just boot into it. I recommend creating a seperate partition on your PC hardisk and installing it there because it is faster to compile and use. You should be able to use debian or other linux releases, its just that ubuntu was easy to setup.

2. First Install developer tools
    You want to SuperUserDO the following
    sudo apt-get install gcc cvs subversion flex bison make pkg-config rsync gettext libglib2.0-dev autoconf libtool automake1.9 sudo patch bzip2 gzip wget sed

to make sure you have the tools needed for compling and linking, running scripts and obtaining files from the internet. "apt-get is the command-line tool for handling packages, and may be considered the user's "back-end" to other tools using the APT library."
    http://linux.die.net/man/8/apt-get

3. SVN checkout the Optware Area

cd /opt
    svn co http://svn.nslu2-linux.org/svnroot/optware/trunk optware
    cd optware

4. Make oleg-target : creates the oleg directory and make ipkg-utils
    dirs

Here I change a line in the opt/optware/Makefile from 'OPTWARE_TARGET?=?xxx? to 'OPTWARE_TARGET=oleg'
    then
    make toolchain
    make oleg-target
    cd oleg
    make directories ipkg-utils
    make ipkg-utils

5. Test if you like * WARNING - THIS WILL TAKE A LONG TIME TO COMPLETE*
    cd /opt/optware/oleg
    make
    Packetname
    (eg; make esniper)

this will make a existing binary oleg package from the source.

Example of downloading and compiling source
    *again Warning - this will take a long time*

For this example I am going to take the sourceforge package 'esniper' a ebay sniper util and compile it for the WL500 router.

We have now setup the target oleg compile enviroment - Get the sourcecode from http://sourceforge.net/projects/esni...0.tgz/download

1. unzip it into a subdirectory in oleg
    2. locate the esniper.mk file and change it to the current version
    3. >Make esniper.ipkg
    4. move the ipkg file to the router
    5. > ipkg install eniper-2-21-0.ipk

references:
    Doing this sucessfully based on
    QMax posts,
    FastJacks howto in German : http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=...apt-get&page=3
    Last edited by trampjuice; 04-01-2010 at 18:10.

Thanks for this How-To. Unfortunatly I had several errors when trying to follow it. I also using Ubuntu 9.10 'Karmic Koala' native environnement.
    First complain was missing 'builds' directory then it could not find buildroot-svn-17310.tar.gz file. I created the directory 'builds'. It seems worked. File buildroot-svn-17310.tar.gz was in download subdirectory.
    Tryed to compile mc got this "HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 401 Access Denied Still Working
    Authorization failed."

Tryed with esniper. File esniper.mk does not exist after unzipping. Tryed follow INSTALL recommendations with ./configure etc. Configure: error: curl-config not found.
    cURL is available from http://curl.haxx.se/

Can you check your How-To if there are no some missing steps?

I want to compile some soft for my Asus for which I have only sourcecode. How should I proceed?

Thanks!
    Last edited by pripps; 24-01-2010 at 23:05.
    WL-500gP

Hi!

The howto is ok but the makefile is outdated, so some packages can't be found:

linux-libc-headers-oleg.tar.bz2
    linux-libc-headers-DD-WRT-v23.tar.bz2
    buildroot-svn-17310.tar.gz
    binutils-2.17.50.0.8.tar.bz2
    uClibc-0.9.28.tar.bz2
    uClibc++-0.2.2+r18737.tbz2

find them here: http://nslu2-linux.dyoung-mirror.net/sources/ and put them in the /opt/optware/downloads directory and you should be up and running....

schufti
    find all my MGB100 files here, pass: mgb100

Question Native compatible ?

Is this method compatible with native compilation ?

--

Cause, first, ipkg packages list misses:
    - apt-get
    - libglib2.0-dev
    - automake1.9
    automake is installed but
    >automake --version
    Use of uninitialized value in split at /opt/lib/perl5/5.8.8/mipsel-linux/DynaLoader.pm line 80.
    automake (GNU automake) 1.10

Second, i have an error with svn co

If you can take a look, please.

I am forced to compile Asterisk (running on an ASUS RT-N16) because Google made a change to the Gtalk service. Details regarding this change can be found by clicking on this URL.

A comparison of ASUS Routers shows that the

* RT-N16 uses the BCM 4716 CPU
    * WL500G uses the BCM 4710 CPU

If I follow a WL500G procedure to compile Asterisk, are the two similar enough such that I should expect the executable to work on the RT-N16? Maybe tweeks are needed in the makefile?

If you comment, please weigh in if you have experience compiling for the RT-N16. Thank you.
    ASUS RT-N16 with DD-WRT | Free Asterisk Book| Asterisk 1.8.4 | Optware | Linksys SPA2102 | G729a codec bandwidth