Thread: Wan connection dying while connecting to IRC.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wan connection dying while connecting to IRC.

I've gotten my WL-500g (non-deluxe) today. Installed and configured it and both my wireless laptop and my wired workstations have internet and get an IP from the router's dhcp server. I've set up some virtual servers on serveral ports for my webserver, RDP, FTP and so forth and they all seem to work fine.

But now the problem. After i was all finished and stuff i wanted to go on irc with my main pc... i have an alias that connects me to all 4 servers i goto in one command and when connecting, my connection dies... when it re-connects, irc continues connecting to the server and after it's totaly connected, there arn't any other problems... until i want to start my laptop's irc client too... same story, connecting to irc, internet down, internet back up again and it finishes connecting (but now my main pc has to reconnect too). also, when a server disconnects (one of those software disconnects or something), it's the same story...

FTP works fine, Bit Torrent works fine... Pop3/smtp works fine... just irc...

Anyone know what's going on?

I'm running the official asus 1.9.2.7 firmware.

P.S.

It might be worth mentioning my modem's the old alcatel speedtouch home (hacked to advanced) i got from my ISP 4 years ago.
    Last edited by Namu; 27-04-2005 at 22:17.