Thread: !!! HELP !!! Let's help Misha

Talking !!! HELP !!! Let's help Misha

I am Misha, and need your help guys because i am a newbie , yep that is it!
    I used Wengi tutorial and I instaled on my WL500-gp an external HDD and software . It works like a charm ! BTW 10x Wengi.
    But now i want to play mp3 from my storage on an usb soundcard adapter.
    My souncard is KONIG CMP-SOUNDUSB12 ! ( http://www.shoppingcentre.net/shop/k...12-p-4813.html ).
    When I plug the adapter in i get :
    Code:
    Nov 17 20:13:40 kernel: hub.c: new USB device 01:03.0-2, assigned address 4
    Nov 17 20:13:40 kernel: usb.c: USB device 4 (vend/prod 0xc76/0x1605) is not claimed by any active driver.
    Nov 17 20:13:40 USB audio: attached
    I understand that means BAD LUCK, NOT SUPORTED. But maybe some wise guy , cuz there are many smart guys here can help me find an linux driver and itegrate it in my router software .. as posted here : http://wl500g.info/archive/index.php/t-4150.html , so if anybody can help little me i wil send him a present from my country : , you wil not regret it ! PLEASE HEEEEP ! 10x !
    Last edited by tmsulica; 17-11-2009 at 19:23.

well for embedded systems is not quite handy to just buy something and fingers-crossed it will work...
    first of all it would be handy to check if the usb soundcard even works on a modern linux (ubuntu, opensuse etc.)
    if that's the case it MIGHT be possible to compile a kernel driver and load it up...

also try to swich on waveserver in the webadmin (system setup > services).

basicly it tells you the stuff to do right here: http://home.in.tum.de/~pustka/WL-500...soundcard.html
    so there might be a working driver out yet, unfortunately for an old oleg version
    Last edited by wpte; 17-11-2009 at 23:29.

10x for your answer, for my specific soundcard i didn't found linux drivers, but when i plug it in my win XP , it maps it like ESS Sound card, for ESS there are linux drivers. My hope is that someone can help me to find an ESS driver for linux (universal one) for oleg's software.

Thank you for your help.

Misha

MAYBE I HAVE A CHANCE. Oleg has a set of aditional drivers for download : modules-1.9.2.7-10.gz, i downloaded them but cuz i am a newbie i couldnt unzip them ( tried gunzip .... some lines apera text, and i have just the .gz file there). Can anybody help me with an tutorial to add the extra modules pls ?? 10x

PHP Code:
    tar xvzf modules-1.9.2.7-10.tar.gz 

thank you very much, your responses guys are very fast and to the subject, i have another question though, if i unzip to opt folder, that's all , or i have to do more to load the modules within kit ?

To execute a module you have to type 'insmod' before the module name.

You should also put 'insmod your_module' into your 'post-boot' file.

Search the forum for insmod and post-boot for more information.

thank you very much !

nowbody else ? maybe someone with that tipe of souncard ?
    Last edited by tmsulica; 29-11-2010 at 16:13.