Thread: WL-HDD as client hangs when router reboots

WL-HDD as client hangs when router reboots

Hi,

My WL-HDD running Oleg v1.9.2.7-9 runs fine as a client wirelessly connected to my SpeedTouch wireless ADSL router/modem access point.

Sometimes the SpeedTouch reboots (never found out why) and then the connection to the WL-HDD does not restore itself.

My Linksys printer server which also acts as a wireless client to the AP does continue to function after an AP reset... so I reckon the WL-HDD should also be able to do this...

Since, when this happens, also holding the reset button for 5 seconds does not work (it does work normally), I believe not only the WL-HDD is not able to restore the connection but that it simply hangs somewhere.

I am trying to get a USB/Serial port running on the WL-HDD to have some sort of debugging tool functional when this all happens but I haven't figured out yet how to run a terminal session in the background (there is no /etc/inittab to spawn getty and dtach only worked once for some reason...).

Anyone any clues as to why the WL-HDD hangs itself when the wireless client connection to the AP temporarily breaks?

And how to spawn a getty for a serial terminal on the WL-HDD? Perhaps from postboot or postmount, such as 'getty -Lz 9600 /dev/usb/tts/o'?

TIA

Hello,

i can not help with the wlan issue (if it is one), but you should be able to connect via th LAN Port.
    If it is a WLAN issue and th WL-HDD is still running you should be able to access it over telnet or ssh connecting with a cable.

wengi
    Übersicht aller HowTos --- HowTo Overview (mostly german)
    WL-HDD mit diesem Setup. --- WL-HDD with this setup.
    Kein Support per PM - Frage im jeweiligen Thread! --- No support via pm - ask in the according thread!
    Eine wirklich gute Idee erkennt man daran, dass ihre Verwirklichung von vorne herein ausgeschlossen erscheint. (Albert Einstein)