Thread: Upload to FTP with dir-structure

Upload to FTP with dir-structure

Hi

When I'm using FlashFXP to upload, I'm getting an error when there is a dir-structure with the upload.

This is the error:

[R] MKD ftp_pub/Brandholms Alle
    [R] 553 Permission denied.
    [R] CWD ftp_pub/Brandholms Alle
    [R] 550 ftp_pub/Brandholms Alle: No such directory.
    Transfer queue completed

I'm logged on as "admin"

I can create the dir manualy, and the upload the files.

Firmware: 1.9.2.7-4

2. I will listen in on this - Im having the same problem.

EoniX

3. I am using firmware version 1.9.2.7 and am having the same problem.
    Last edited by Peter Vrenken; 25-04-2005 at 10:37.

I am not shure if this is related to below problem,.. but I have tried several times to upload things to FTP with a file sub-structure, and I noticed that everytime when the whole batch is more then for example 400MB it will stall and fail after a while (normally it copied half of the strucutre in this case)

using 1929-4 Oleg's firmware and Samba enabled...

Yep, these are known problems of stupid-ftp. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. This might have something to do with the amount of free memory or ... dunno.

Uploading a directory structure does work for me from time to time, as well as FXP. My solution is to use an USB storage device and vsftpd.

Solution to Uploading via FTP

I had the same problem, but one easy solution to this problem is to change to a different FTP-program.

Personally I use CuteFTP for now and this works very good. I have uploaded more than 100 files and more than 30GB without any problem using CuteFTP. Also with directories and subdirectories.

FlashFXP sucks. (I guess there is an easy solution to the "FlashFXP-syndrome", but all I need is for it to work .

Smile Successful folder creation with stupid_ftpd

If you set your transfer to use binary mode instead of Ascii then you should be successful. Some ftp clients have an "auto" mode and will switch from one transfer mode to the other if they are unsuccessful. I assume that Flash doesn't and CUTE does, hence the success.

I can also report FTP Voyager will automatically switch, however if you manually set it to Binary mode then this works first time.