Thread: Where to find the needed libraries (libz.so, ld.so, etc.) for additional packages?

Where to find the needed libraries (libz.so, ld.so, etc.) for additional packages?

Where to find the needed libraries (libz.so, ld.so, etc.) necessary to operate additional packages?
    Congratulations to all contributors of this Forum. It is an extraordinary source of information for all owners of WL-500 equipments!

I have installed the 1.2.9.7-4 firmare without problems with help of the available infos and tips.

However I have a problem: I also tried to install some packages (i.e thttpd and gift). Installation was also OK, but at starting of the programmes some libraries are announced as missing (for instance libz.so for thttpd).

I made a lot of searching for the libraries in the Forum and also with Google on Internet, but without success. I am a beginner with Linux. So it is possible that my question is trivial. Is it necessary to have a full installation of Linux on another machine (I am a windows user) to have access to the libraries? I would very appreciate every hint which would allow me to progress.

Some libs are really missing. They have not be compiled for the wl500g ATM.

In the case of thttpd, you probably need to install the package zlib. Normaly, a pckage check and download it's dependency. In this case, it is probably not completly setup, as it as been added separatly from the normal unslug repository. Try an "ipkg.sh list" to try and search the missing libs. I can garantee you the libs are here. You can try also using ipkg instead of ipkg.sh after installing it's package. (ipkg.sh isntall ipkg)

Don't forget also to do in ipkg.sh update (or ipkg update, depending on what you are using) to get the latest version

Quote Originally Posted by hugo
    Don't forget also to do in ipkg.sh update (or ipkg update, depending on what you are using) to get the latest version
    Note that you should really only use ipkg.sh *twice*, and you should only do it after you have made sure that /opt is located on an external storage device. The only two ipkg.sh commands you should ever type are:

ipkg.sh update
    ipkg.sh install ipkg

That's it. After you have run those two commands, you should use "ipkg" only.

-- Rod