Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Webcam motion detection

Hi,

having the same problem with my Philips ToUCam Pro, no motion detection, no syslog entry about it while streaming is working fine for me.

WL500-G with Firmware: 1.9.2.7-CR5a by OLEG
    Webcam: Philips ToUCam Pro

Christian

Question logitech quickcam pro 4000 and motion detection

I read some articles here in the forum but I´m still confused.
    Is it possible to use the logitech quickcam pro 4000 with the security mode. I did some settings but I had no motion detection an no email was sent.
    Is there anybody with a working security mode. What are the settings?

it was supposed to be working..

a while ago i've turned it on (firmware 1.9.2.7-5) and it does currently not work, tested at WL500g Deluxe only

which firmware and device are you using?

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

I´m using the ASUS wl-500g with firmware 1.9.2.7-5.

i have the same pb with a toucam pro II.
    but either i revceine no mail (High sense level) either i receive a lot of mails (Medium or Low sense level)

somebody can help me ?

i have found a temporary solution :
    i use a new pwc.o and pwcx.o (see http://wl500g.info/showtread.php?t=2420)
    now, i try to find how i can send a mail

bye

the link don't work ... and it's my issue

Lightbulb

maybe you could use the gmail smtp server - it do not use port 25 but it req. ssl and username password which is not supported by the asus device

Exclamation Logitech Quickcam pro 4000 - motion detecton

I know this is thread number 10 or something about this issue, but there's no-one in the others threads that actually gets an answer to their problem.

How is it possible to get the WL500g to work with the Quickcam pro 4000 and motion detection? The closest I've came is to disable images, low sensitivity and thus recieving a bunch of emails.

I've tried stock firmware, old and brand new, and of course Olegs (several versions). Currently I'm using Olegs 1.9.2.7-6b.

I got no extra storage.

Has this ever worked? Why is the camera bundled with the router if it's incompatible?

All other webcam features work with the camera connected to the router.

same problem for me. help!

i have logitech 4000 pro, and email alert with pictures is working for me, but only in black/white. streaming video fram lan and wan is in colours. firmware is 1.9.4.0 from asus, hasn't done anything about it at all.

I thought this was the greatest collection of WLxxx knowledge, but seems like no-one knows how to solve this rather simple issue! I tried the latest stock firmware yesterday, it actually managed to send images, not only those white squares with an X. But it just spammed emails, regardless of any motion. AND I needed to hot-reconnect the camera to make it work.... So not any progress...

Weird it's not possible to use Olegs firmware or something, seems like it can be used to anything else!

Quote Originally Posted by tthen
    i have logitech 4000 pro, and email alert with pictures is working for me, but only in black/white. streaming video fram lan and wan is in colours. firmware is 1.9.4.0 from asus, hasn't done anything about it at all.
    Do you use the Beta? I only see a beta edition in the firmware selector wizard...

Could you be so kind and quote all the setting under webcam? Of erase things like smtp and email...
    Last edited by audiophil; 21-09-2005 at 21:35.

Motion detection not working

I have a WL500g (firmware 1.9.5.0) that came bundled with a Logitech QuickCam Pro. I have set it up to detect motion and send email, but that does not seem to work. There is no messages in the log indicating that motion has even been detected.

Does anyone have any hints how to make this work?

Exclamation Webcam for motion alert: how to set mail server user and pass?

I am using Logitech QuickCam Orbit/Sphere and it works perfectly in color from WAN and LAN side, captures are getting updated every second as set in the router settings.

But I cant set the SMTP server for outgoing mail for motion detection, my ISP requires a username and password for outgoing mails. After 2 weeks I am going to vacation so I like to get this working for little bit security when I am gone for 4 weeks.
    The question is how can I set the username and password for outgoing mails?

I am using WL500g with Oleg’s 1.9.2.7-6b as I mentioned everything works perfect for monitoring things so there is no problem with the cam on my router.

I did search on the forum and find couple threads but this question is not answered yet.
    Filling the field for outgoing mail server wont help since I cant set the username and password and if I leave it blank it wont work either.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast