Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3G disapear

3G disapear

hi, I have this router and a modem 3G, however when I do the upgrade the option to configure the 3g option disapear.
    Any help please.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by devilonline View Post
    hi, I have this router and a modem 3G, however when I do the upgrade the option to configure the 3g option disapear.
    I think that you upgraded from koppel to "clean" Oleg - "downgrade" to latest koppel.cz

so whats the last firmware to this modem that have the option to conect 3g modem?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by devilonline View Post
    so whats the last firmware to this modem that have the option to conect 3g modem?
    thanks
    here: http://koppel.cz/cdmawifi/download/171/
    have fun
    Alle HowTo's, all howto's

RT-N16 1.9.2.7-rtn-r3121, Samba, VSFTP, Lightthpd, PHP, Perl, MySQL, Serendipity, Aria2web, HDD 640GB
    RT-N66U, 16GB MicroSD/ 2 Partitions, 2,5" HDD 1TB, running with Merlin's FW and Entware, 16 Mbit A1,
    Netgear DGND 3700V2, QNAP TS119PII 4 TB, QNAP TS209 2 TB Raid1, Backup Synology DS107+ 1 TB, HP CP1515n

Oleg fw + Koppel patches

I was getting frustrated with having two different firmwares that each were good in their own respect but didn't do all that i wanted in one. So I have taken the koppel patches and put into the latest SVN (r740) of oleg - which required some hours of manually going through the patch file.

Features i required were

Working USB hub and ext3 support along side USB mobile broadband modem support.

I had the ext and usb functionality with oleg and the mobile broadband from koppel.

Here is a link to my initial attempt which seems to work (tested for a few days so far)

http://www.dssd.co.uk/downloads/wl50...mango-r740.trx

Note : This is for the Asus WL500gp V2

I have not included the openvpn stuff.

I will try to generate a .diff file as a patch to oleg r740 but cannot for now as my connection here is via mobile broadband and i cannot afford to download all the source again to obtain a "clean" svn in order to do the diff against.

Quote Originally Posted by mangodan View Post
    I was getting frustrated with having two different firmwares that each were good in their own respect but didn't do all that i wanted in one. So I have taken the koppel patches and put into the latest SVN (r740) of oleg - which required some hours of manually going through the patch file.
    Congratulations! Nobody done that before you (including engy)!
    I will try to generate a .diff file as a patch to oleg r740 but cannot for now as my connection here is via mobile broadband and i cannot afford to download all the source again to obtain a "clean" svn in order to do the diff against.
    If you share your sources (and you have to do this, since it required by GPL), probably we can do this task, or someone else help us.

If you share your sources (and you have to do this, since its required by GPL), probably we can do this task, or someone else help us.
    Quite happy to do this, but again will have to wait till I have access to a net connection that doesn't limit my down/upload, so prob when i'm next at my parents (next weekend most probably)

Quite happy to do this, but again will have to wait till I have access to a net connection that doesn't limit my down/upload, so prob when i'm next at my parents (next weekend most probably)
    Congrats, we'll wait, there's a lot of time before the next 1.9.2.7-d stable build

mango mods :)

Hi Guys,

As some of you may have seen i had a go at merging the Koppel USB wireless broadband mods into Oleg fw found on wl500g.googlecode.com.

I provided a link to a trx for the WL500GpV2 in another post.
    Here i provide a link to both the .trx and the a tar.bz2 of the entire build tree.

http://www.dssd.co.uk/downloads/wl500g/

I have not had a chance to try and make a patch against the googlecode svn.

Be warned that after a couple of weeks testing it is apparent that the wireless broadband side of things for one is not as stable as it is in Koppel, but as i wanted my router to work also a NAS with an ext3 partition on a 300g hdd i have stuck with it. I have not yet got to the bottom of the instability's but it seems to revolve around the usb kernel stuff itself from what i can gather.

Maybe i will have a go at patching the ext3 side of Koppel to achieve this but it seemed to me that it would be more useful to have the wireless broadband stuff in the Oleg branch.

Note that the patched build does not include the openvpn parts from Koppel and i have disabled the inclusion of waveserver in the make file as i do not use it and needed to do something that would effect the image as the squashfs builder seems to segfault on a lot of combination's of target files, which seems to only be resolved by trial and error.

Hope somebody finds this useful.

Cheers

Dan

I've started a new thread with a link to the source tree as a bzipped tarball.

http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?p=168930#post168930

I've started a new thread with a link to the source tree as a bzipped tarball.

http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?p=168930#post168930
    212 Megabytes in tar.bz2 Too bad approach
    First of all - please delete binaries from archive. Second - did you patch kernel? If not, please include only src/gateway/* into archive.

P.S. As I remember right, I always include all usable kernel patches from koppel.

Quote Originally Posted by lly View Post
    212 Megabytes in tar.bz2 Too bad approach
    First of all - please delete binaries from archive. Second - did you patch kernel? If not, please include only src/gateway/* into archive.

P.S. As I remember right, I always include all usable kernel patches from koppel.
    Sorry about that, it was done in a bit of a rush. When i did the patching i did look through the kernel patches, but it looked as if all the patches in koppel against 2.4.20 are already applied in the 2.4.37.6 patches, i wondered if the koppel patches were actually taken from the later kernel and applied against the earlier one.

I will try find a spare moment to trim down the tarball in soon.

I prepare patches against current trunk - r850(r852 at this moment).
    Please check, that I'm not miss something, since I haven't 3g/4g USB modem for test.

cdma-files.tar.gz should be extracted in src/gateway directory.
    Last edited by lly; 07-03-2010 at 11:41.

Quote Originally Posted by lly View Post
    I prepare patches against current trunk - r850(r852 at this moment).
    Please check, that I'm not miss something, since I haven't 3g/4g USB modem for test.

cdma-files.tar.gz should be extracted in src/gateway directory.
    I will try find a chance to test them out this weekend.

The stability issues that seemed to have been introduced turned out to be a dodgy USB cable. Since i have swapped that the connection is holding up well. there does seem to be some issue with the USB mode switching though. Have not had a chance to investigate but it often takes several attempts for the device to be switched into the mode where its serial port are exposed.

I will try find a chance to test them out this weekend.
    Well, I cut off parts that I don't want implement in mainstream (separate dial.tar.gz archive upload/download), perform minor cleanup and put here next diff against r1291.

P.S. There was at least one non-GPL kernel modules in koppel CDMA firmware - zadacom.o & one module without sources - modem.o. Moreover, /usr/sbin/serialcomm binary also come without sources & unknown license.
    Last edited by lly; 07-03-2010 at 11:42.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast