Thread: WAN connection drop above 300Kbps

WAN connection drop above 300Kbps

Hi,

I'm totaly new here and could not find an answer to my problem.

I have a asus wl500g as router. It is connected to a fiber network 100 Mb WAN with a internet connection with speeds up to 10 Mbit/s.

When I'm downloading from newsgroups and speed goes over at about 300 Kb/s, after some time (approx. 20 to 25 minutes) the WAN connection gets lost.

After WAN drop, LAN and WLAN stays OK.

I have to push the 'connect' button in the 'Status & Log - Status' screen of the router to (re)connect.

After the reconnect it works fine until the next drop.

I already upgraded th firmware to 1.8.1.9 but with no effect.

PC's are running at updated Win XP Pro versions.

Any idea what will solve my problem?
    (if possible via private message)

Kind regards,
    Patrick

Search the forum for "wan die." Upgrade your firmware to custom firmware, probably 1.9.2.7-4.

idd just upgrade to 1.8.2.4 or higher that will solve your problem

I have tested a constant stream of 830kilobyte/sec (wl500g) over WAN port from the internet, this worked fine and nicely (firmware 1.9.2.7-3c)

my WAN is connected to a 3COM switch 3C16794 and that one is connected to my modem which is an Allied Data Copperjet 816-2p

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO